Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bollinger announced that they are going to sell a chassis cab version of the B2 that people can use for personal or commercial use. The B2 chassis cab will have full-cab and cutaway-cab versions. If they can make this an affordable and rugged pickup then it could give a Rivian a run for their money. Especially if it gets used as a fleet vehicle.

Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab
Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab
Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab
Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab

Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab

Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab

Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab
Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab

Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
If this is still going to cost six figures like the other Bollinger vehicles then I don't see it being a huge competitor to the R1T. Especially if they're going to try and sell it as a work vehicle.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If this is still going to cost six figures like the other Bollinger vehicles then I don't see it being a huge competitor to the R1T. Especially if they're going to try and sell it as a work vehicle.
If Bollinger sells it for $125,000+ then I agree it's going to be a tough sell. But if it's lower then I can see it get some traction from customers.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think there's a certain subset of individuals that I think will view the Bollinger (and the Lordstown) as more 'masculine'/'work' vehicles than the Rivian. I've seen some chatter in that vein on other mediums of communication. I don't know that's what Bollinger or Lordstown are thinking in relation to that, if anything (probably nothing). I can certainly see a subset of persons with this mindset paying more for what could potentially be an inferior product, though.

Brand stans are a real thing (I guess even I fall victim of stanning Rivian lol)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I don't get it
All the numbers are smaller than the Rivian at $50k more
And it's butt ugly
Just my opinion
I agree.
There will be very little crossover of people from either brand going to the other. We'll seen it happening more from Ford, Chevrolet, GMC, RAM, etc.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
466 Posts
As a very early Bollinger reservation holder, I can attest to the more “manly” appeal. For me it was actually more about offroad capability, but I did like the look of it. At least the SUV. The truck, not so much, but I don’t like the look of the Jeep trucks either. But when the price went from $60-80k to $125k at the reveal, I bailed and reserved a Rivian the same day. I think Bollinger still has a long ways to go to prove they can be viable. An affordable commercial chassis would go a long way in that regard. There’s just not enough market for a $125k hand built utilitarian consumer truck/SUV for that to be a viable business.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think there's a certain subset of individuals that I think will view the Bollinger (and the Lordstown) as more 'masculine'/'work' vehicles than the Rivian. I've seen some chatter in that vein on other mediums of communication. I don't know that's what Bollinger or Lordstown are thinking in relation to that, if anything (probably nothing). I can certainly see a subset of persons with this mindset paying more for what could potentially be an inferior product, though.

Brand stans are a real thing (I guess even I fall victim of stanning Rivian lol)
What is there to stain about Rivian?
Although my good friend who I took to see the Rivian told me yesterday that R1T can't beat a Raptor off road
He might have just lost his first ride privilege
Lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
As a very early Bollinger reservation holder, I can attest to the more “manly” appeal. For me it was actually more about offroad capability, but I did like the look of it. At least the SUV. The truck, not so much, but I don’t like the look of the Jeep trucks either. But when the price went from $60-80k to $125k at the reveal, I bailed and reserved a Rivian the same day. I think Bollinger still has a long ways to go to prove they can be viable. An affordable commercial chassis would go a long way in that regard. There’s just not enough market for a $125k hand built utilitarian consumer truck/SUV for that to be a viable business.
How is Bollinger as good as a Rivian off-road?
Rivian tops in all categories or did I miss something?

·
Registered
209 Posts
What is there to stain about Rivian?
Although my good friend who I took to see the Rivian told me yesterday that R1T can't beat a Raptor off road
He might have just lost his first ride privilege
Lol
Stan, not stain.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I don't get it
All the numbers are smaller than the Rivian at $50k more
And it's butt ugly
Just my opinion
Yeah for the price and what you're getting I can't wrap my head around getting a Bollinger over a Rivian.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
466 Posts
How is Bollinger as good as a Rivian off-road?
Rivian tops in all categories or did I miss something?
I haven’t really paid too much attention to Bollinger since I cancelled my preorder a year and a half ago. It seemed to have beefier tires, more ground clearance than Rivian. Plus it seemed designed to be primarily an offroad vehicle that could be driven on road, vs. the Rivian seems to be the inverse of that. A lot has likely changed in a tear and a half, so from a spec standpoint, they may be on par. I dunno.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bollingers have a 200 mile range w/ no dedicated charging network. Add a buch of overlanding gear and you'll kill that range, greatly diminishing its usefulness for going very far off the beaten path.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Bollinger is for the AMG Wagon crowd that wants to go off-roading in an electric vehicle at their second home in the woods, and tinker with woodworking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts