Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recent online articles from Slash Gear and Engadget cited Marques Brownlee’ evaluation of a platinum F-150. He stated and showed that the F-150 with 80% charge had 360 miles and that Ford indicated to him that range was calculated with 1000 pounds of extra weight.
if true, that’ s great but it shouldn’t really turn anyone from Rivian because after all, doesn’t Rivian supply the battery packs to Ford? So unless Ford is doing something different with software battery mgmt, then Rivian’s and Ford’s range be very similar?

i like Ford’s lower frunk sill, however. Better design Unless Rivian is thinking about Front end accident repair which could include the whole hood in Ford Front end collision.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Recent online articles from Slash Gear and Engadget cited Marques Brownlee’ evaluation of a platinum F-150. He stated and showed that the F-150 with 80% charge had 360 miles and that Ford indicated to him that range was calculated with 1000 pounds of extra weight.
if true, that’ s great but it shouldn’t really turn anyone from Rivian because after all, doesn’t Rivian supply the battery packs to Ford? So unless Ford is doing something different with software battery mgmt, then Rivian’s and Ford’s range be very similar?

i like Ford’s lower frunk sill, however. Better design Unless Rivian is thinking about Front end accident repair which could include the whole hood in Ford Front end collision.
Does Rivian actually make their own battery pack? I would think that they are buying the pack complete from their battery supplier, Samsung.

The bigger question for me is what size the F150 battery pack is. If it is the same capacity as the R1T LE (135 kWh) and is actually capable of 360 miles of range - with a 1,000 pound payload to boot - that's a significant plus for the Ford. Assuming that's true, I wonder why. Perhaps it could be due to a superior battery management system or perhaps because the F150's dual motor system is lighter - or maybe some combination of the two. Regardless, it's impressive and could have some folks re-thinking the R1T.

While Ford hasn't released pricing for any models other than the base model Pro, estimates are that in Lariat trim (roughly comparable to the R1T trim level) will be ~$70k. If that's true, not only is that somewhat less the the R1T LE, but it also comes with a substantial bump in range.

It will be interesting to see if there is a larger battery pack option in the works for the F150 and what its range and cost might be. If an F-150 Lariat with a Max Range battery pack that gives 500 miles of range and costs ~$80k becomes an option, the R1T will have some serious competition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.