Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

Motor Trend created a rendering of what an off-road focused two-row R1S would look like.

WHAT IT IS: How does a cross between a Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover Defender, and Porsche Cayenne Turbo sound to you? And what if you mix in a little bit of the Rivian R1T's special sauce? That's exactly what the upcoming Rivian R1X aims to be, and what our artist's rendering above depicts. Our Rivian sources tell us the company is hard at work building a rally-inspired performance SUV designed to be as capable as a Wrangler and Defender off-road and as quick as a Cayenne Turbo on pavement. We expect the R1X to be a slightly shorter two-row SUV than the R1S it's based on, with spy shots of a seating buck indicating it'll likely have a fastback roofline.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I saw this, it looks great. Either it will be delayed until 2030 or they will just push all out R1S preorders back and build the R1X. If it was really ready in 2023, I would consider it over the R1S.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I saw this, it looks great. Either it will be delayed until 2030 or they will just push all out R1S preorders back and build the R1X. If it was really ready in 2023, I would consider it over the R1S.
I think we'll see a mild off-road trim before anything crazy like the above becomes available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts