Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a list of where Rivian retail and service center locations should be, based off of job postings.
Expect this list to grow as more information becomes available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wonder if the Seattle, WA center can be based off the job listing.. It looks like it's a role for their AMZN partnership, and does not have anything to do with direct 2 consumer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Maybe the partnership with Amazon is a good thing in that those vans will need more service than a consumer vehicle based on possible wear and tear. So, if Rivian can get an agreement with Amazon to 'share' some of its service center space, that would be a plus.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe the partnership with Amazon is a good thing in that those vans will need more service than a consumer vehicle based on possible wear and tear. So, if Rivian can get an agreement with Amazon to 'share' some of its service center space, that would be a plus.
That has me wondering if this new investment round worth $25 Billion will include Rivian experience centers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's a list of where Rivian retail and service center locations should be, based off of job postings.
Expect this list to grow as more information becomes available.
Based on current job postings for Service Center Managers I think we can add the following to the list of expected service locations:
  • Boston
  • Portland
  • Sacramento
  • Dallas
  • Phoenix
  • Austin
  • Miami
  • San Francisco
  • El Segundo
  • Newark
  • Denver
  • Las Vegas
Given population and the traditional truck market distribution, the biggest holes in service I see currently are in the southeast. The closest so far to Atlanta is Miami, which is ~650 miles away.

I understand they want to build where they think their market is, so either there aren't many pre-orders from traditional truck states in the southeast or I missed previous postings.

·
Registered
R1S Launch Edition
35 Posts
Based on current job postings for Service Center Managers I think we can add the following to the list of expected service locations:
  • Boston
  • Portland
  • Sacramento
  • Dallas
  • Phoenix
  • Austin
  • Miami
  • San Francisco
  • El Segundo
  • Newark
  • Denver
  • Las Vegas
Given population and the traditional truck market distribution, the biggest holes in service I see currently are in the southeast. The closest so far to Atlanta is Miami, which is ~650 miles away.

I understand they want to build where they think their market is, so either there aren't many pre-orders from traditional truck states in the southeast or I missed previous postings.
Sweet, two in Texas as makes sense. We are building a new house 45 minutes West of Austin so that won't be too bad at all. They'll definitely be popular in Texas but probably still rare for a while even if they pop out 1000s a month with so many Ford/GMC/Ram/Chevy's constantly being sold - Texan's are loyal to their truck brands.

·
Registered
652 Posts
  • Boston
  • Portland
  • Sacramento
  • Dallas
  • Phoenix
  • Austin
  • Miami
  • San Francisco
  • El Segundo
  • Newark
  • Denver
  • Las Vegas

There's a guy on Reddit claiming he was hired as a service tech in Seattle. I haven't seen any real proof offered, so take it with a grain of salt -- they could be lying. But I have to believe Rivian needs servicing available in the state of Washington, right? Perhaps the posted management positions are for regional/district managers? Perhaps they're hiring management in key cities for training and relocation is expected?

Something isn't adding up, to me. I don't see how you can leave the entire East Coast uncovered with service from Boston to South Florida.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To clarify, there were other cities with "Service Center Manager" openings. I just didn't include them earlier because the original pay in this thread included said cities. Full list of currently available positions is:
  • Bellevue (Seattle)
  • New York City
  • Washington DC
  • Normal
  • Chicago
  • Boston
  • Portland
  • Sacramento
  • Dallas
  • Phoenix
  • Austin
  • Miami
  • San Francisco
  • El Segundo
  • Newark
  • Denver
  • Las Vegas
So technically, no Service center on the east coast from DC to Miami. Not much better. Apologies if I missed one.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum @atlrivian and thanks for adding those locations.

Indeed odd that nothing is showing up for the east coast yet, but its somewhat expected with these lists being unofficial. Any east coast members here that want to suggest where locations should be?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think one should be in Greenville, SC, where I live. It's halfway (ish) between Atlanta and Charlotte, both of which are obviously large at 6 million and 3 million respectively, making servicing each of those viable. Michelin and BMW put their manufacturing centers here, meaning there's already significant technical talent present and in development and focused on the area.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think one should be in Greenville, SC, where I live. It's halfway (ish) between Atlanta and Charlotte, both of which are obviously large at 6 million and 3 million respectively, making servicing each of those viable. Michelin and BMW put their manufacturing centers here, meaning there's already significant technical talent present and in development and focused on the area.
Looking at that location on Google maps it sure seems ideal. Along with any other hubs like it.
On the bright side, anyone further away from a service center can get Rivian to go to them instead. Although the details of that is still unclear.

·
Registered
652 Posts
On the bright side, anyone further away from a service center can get Rivian to go to them instead. Although the details of that is still unclear.
I'm anxiously awaiting information on that.... I'm not sure it's going to be that helpful if we have to wait weeks for service if the truck is broken.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The design plans for the experience center in Laguna Beach are out and they're pretty impressive.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm anxiously awaiting information on that.... I'm not sure it's going to be that helpful if we have to wait weeks for service if the truck is broken.
Are you at least within proximity to a Ford service center. I believe they might be leveraging those too.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Are you at least within proximity to a Ford service center. I believe they might be leveraging those too.
Like most Americans, every street corner in my area is a ford dealer, McDonald’s, coffee Shop, and gas station.

I’d be surprised if Rivian lets Ford service their trucks. On one hand, it would address the limited repair locations issue. On the other hand, Ford is not known for quality service.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A Hayes Valley, San Francisco location is in the works it seems.

"Plans to empty and renovate the two brick-fronted garage buildings at 340 and 362 Fell Street, which are currently home to California Detailing, Fell Street Auto Service and Domport Auto Body, are in the works.

And as envisioned, Rivian Automotive, the makers of an all-electric pickup truck (which is slated to beat Tesla’s Cybertruck to market) and SUV would then take over the combined 19,457 square feet of space, 5,162 square feet of which would become a sales office and the remainder a repair and service facility for the brand."

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Seattle location details are finally here.

"A high-tech truck showroom is poised to replace one of the city's most defiantly old-school retailers. Electric vehicle startup Rivian, the future tenant, and JPC Architects have filed plans to gut renovate the Federal Army & Navy Surplus store, at 2112 First Ave. in Belltown.

Rivian confirmed the plan, and issued a brief statement. It said, “Our approach to retail spaces emphasizes opportunities for adaptive reuse and celebrating the local character and flavor of the neighborhoods we join. Belltown and the space at 2112 First Ave. are a great fit for Rivian's presence in Seattle.”

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks like as of now I will have to go to NYC or Newark, NJ to seek service or take receipt of the Truck. I was hoping to see a Philly area location or even my home state of DE since the I-95 Corridor is a major travel hub between, DE - NJ - PA - MD

·
Registered
204 Posts
Rivian has repeatedly stated they will deliver the vehicle to your driveway, give you a personalized 1:1 walkthrough of the vehicle (or a video intro if you'd prefer) and then come to your home to service your vehicle. Why do you think you need to go to some other places to do either thing?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rivian has repeatedly stated they will deliver the vehicle to your driveway, give you a personalized 1:1 walkthrough of the vehicle (or a video intro if you'd prefer) and then come to your home to service your vehicle. Why do you think you need to go to some other places to do either thing?
Not all service can be done remotely, its a fact. I certainly don't want to go out of my way for either and will welcome a Rep/Tech to my home.

I have a fully functioning garage with lifts and tools since I'm a gearhead but I can see others who live in communities with horrible HOA's that forbid maintenance work or otherwise.

I do however plan to visit a dealer/service center to see all options and colors in person if I can, since I think my reservation wont deliver until many LE have their vehicles. Might sway me to change my choices if I get to see/review in person first.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts