Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rivian shared new photos of the R1T in a new color! I'm not sure what to call it, It's like a yellowish sand color.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Am I excited that Rivian shared these photos? Yes
Would I consider getting it on my Rivian? No

At the very least it'll be harder to see sand with this color.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am I excited that Rivian shared these photos? Yes
Would I consider getting it on my Rivian? No

At the very least it'll be harder to see sand with this color.
It's definitely going to be a love it or hate it color. I think it suits the truck, but like you said I don't think it will be the color I go with either.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've decided for the moment this color is for me. Leaning towards the blue until this showed up. I E-mailed Rivian to give support for the color and asked for the official name. If a nice red appears I could change my mind but if I'm the only one the road with this color that will be fine. I doubt I will run into another Rivian of any color. I'm through with metallic.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've decided for the moment this color is for me. Leaning towards the blue until this showed up. I E-mailed Rivian to give support for the color and asked for the official name. If a nice red appears I could change my mind but if I'm the only one the road with this color that will be fine. I doubt I will run into another Rivian of any color. I'm through with metallic.
What is it about the color that stands out for you @Electrictrucking?

·
Registered
29 Posts
What is it about the color that stands out for you @Electrictrucking?
I find it to be soft on the eyes. I've owned so many white cars that I need something a little bolder but not stand out in traffic. Rivian told me they were still testing their color options and names but what would I call that color? I did toss out a few names and also found out how difficult it is to name a color. Many color names don't tell a person anything.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I find it to be soft on the eyes. I've owned so many white cars that I need something a little bolder but not stand out in traffic. Rivian told me they were still testing their color options and names but what would I call that color? I did toss out a few names and also found out how difficult it is to name a color. Many color names don't tell a person anything.
I'm surprised they haven't shared the names of these colors yet. I'm not sure what the point is when they've already shared them.

Did you send your name suggestions to Rivian?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm surprised they haven't shared the names of these colors yet. I'm not sure what the point is when they've already shared them.
Rivian has not decided and officially announced any of the 8 exterior colors they will offer. What the OP is missing is the latter part of the text Rivian included with the posting of the color - "what do you think of the color? " Clearly they're still testing the waters with this, and previous, colors. Seems pointless to spend time and resources to name a color that might not be used.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Being anonymous I will bite. Soft Duckling, Butter Up, Bask in the Glow, Blonde Daffodil, Biscotti, Fawn. All for the light yellow. Maybe that should be the color. LOL
Biscotti is a really great way to describe that color. Though I don't think Rivian is going to be that creative when they release the official color list.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts