• standard fixed roof

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The R1S (SUV) roof options are an "electrochromic glass (which turns from opaque to transparent on demand), a fixed glass panel, a two-piece removable composite roof and a standard fixed roof," according to a tweet from the official Rivian twitter account. So far, all four roof options haven't been confirmed for the R1T, we can however be sure of the electrochromic glass roof as it was featured on an R1T shown off in New York.

·
Registered
125 Posts
So far, all four roof options haven't been confirmed for the R1T,
As mentioned in the "Rivian announces electrochromic glass roof for the R1S and R1T" thread, Rivian's tweet response was straight from its website's FAQ section. Go to https://rivian.com/faq/ then on the left click on Products and scroll down toward the bottom and you will find the following:

What roof options can I expect?

We will offer multiple roof styles including electrochromic glass (which turns from opaque to transparent on demand), a fixed glass panel, a two-piece removable composite roof and a standard fixed roof.

Note how Rivian framed the FAQ question to be non-specific to either EAV, implying the roof options available will be for both. But unfortunately like most of the Rivian information that's available today it lacks details and this roofing answer is no exception.

So as for which one I would choose / vote for, hard to say at this point without more details. For example ...
  • Are all these options indeed available on both the R1S and R1T? If so, how do they differ? Clearly the R1S roof is larger than the R1T roof.
  • What's the price for each option (except "standard fixed roof" which I expect to be standard)?
  • How is the removable roof configured and how will it work? E.g. Does it store itself within the vehicle or does it get left behind? The R1S is a big roof.
  • Will the fixed glass panel come with a sun screen/shade or will one even be needed?
  • Etc.

·
Registered
300 Posts
My first choice would definitely be the electrochromic roof, but if it's priced too high I'd look at the removable roof.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll reserve my comments for when I see it in person. That could help justify the cost.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'll reserve my comments for when I see it in person. That could help justify the cost.
That's definitely the right move. I'm most curious to see how the removable roof looks and how easy it is to remove and put back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts