Votes: 9 18.4%
  • standard fixed roof

Votes: 11 22.4%
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
There's no magic for glass roof.
There's no magic but there's a range of engineering and therefore a range of performance in a product. My glass roof is amazing, and the only people who complain about it on the I-Pace forum live in Phoenix, and not everyone there complains either. It's all possible. Depends on specs and therefore cost. Question is, how good is the Rivian glass roof? We don't know yet.

·
Registered
454 Posts
My glass roof is amazing, and the only people who complain about it on the I-Pace forum live in Phoenix, and not everyone there complains either.
Get the same amazement from the Teslerati. Car and glass still get blazing hot in the OR sun. As with a home, the only way to get any insulating value would be a double pain with air gap between the pains. With a sunroof, the sliding shield provides that. With a metal roof the headliner provides that.

The panorama effect is only for those in the back seat or front passenger if they move seat all the way back and recline it.

It's amusing to see them charge for the "Panoramic Glass Roof" when it is cheaper to build and makes mfg less expensive.

It's a small area on the Rivian so a body color wrap should work to fix the "feature".

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have the inside of the glass roof panel covered in 5% infra-red rejecting ‘tint’; it helps tremendously in keeping heat out of the cabin and will decrease battery usage 2/2 the A/C having to work so hard keeping the cabin cool.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Have the inside of the glass roof panel covered in 5% infra-red rejecting ‘tint’; it helps tremendously in keeping heat out of the cabin and will decrease battery usage 2/2 the A/C having to work so hard keeping the cabin cool.
Experience with Tesla glass roof is you need an inside shield (which Tesla sells) or just cover the glass with body color wrap. That's what I'll likely do on the R1T. White truck with white roof will be the coolest. The glass roof does help with heating the car in winter so if Rivian came up with an inside shield, that would be best. You'd think at these prices, providing a metal roof with sun roof would not have much impact on price and be a popular feature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm wondering if Rivian will offer a retractable roof on the R1S similar to the Sky-One Touch that I currently have in my Jeep Wrangler 4XE. Does anyone have any insight on what the final roof options are going to be for the R1S?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone hear any news on the removable roof? That is definitely my preference over fixed glass roof. I too have a 4xe with power soft top which would seem to be the perfect solution for the rivian r1s.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Anyone hear any news on the removable roof? That is definitely my preference over fixed glass roof. I too have a 4xe with power soft top which would seem to be the perfect solution for the rivian r1s.
Welcome @Hulluvatime! With how many orders Rivian has to take care of I don't think the removable roof is coming any time soon. Do you have an order place for a R1T or R1S?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts