Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone planning on putting run-flat tires on their R1S or R1T? Or are you planning on sticking to the regular tires it will come with?

I'm just thinking you could free up extra space and weight by not carrying the extra tire, particularly with the R1S.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I can't imagine anybody even thinking about taking either vehicle off-road and not having a full size spare tire.

IMHO, I would think the weight of the spare would be extremely negligible to the range. And as far as storage is concerned, with the frunk and the potential to utilize overhead space, there's plenty available. Any gains from run flats (i.e. no spare tire) would be far outweighed by their limitations and what a full size spare tire provides.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't imagine anybody even thinking about taking either vehicle off-road and not having a full size spare tire.

IMHO, I would think the weight of the spare would be extremely negligible to the range. And as far as storage is concerned, with the frunk and the potential to utilize overhead space, there's plenty available. Any gains from run flats (i.e. no spare tire) would be far outweighed by their limitations and what a full size spare tire provides.
This would be more for just city driving and not off-road driving. For off-road driving the spare tire be an absolute must. You make a good point about all the space that the R1S comes with already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts