Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
658 Posts
When I had a Corvette, the same thing would happen with the leather bolsters on the seats. Chevrolet (GM) response to this premature wear was to NOT wear jeans in the seats as jeans are terribly abrasive against leather. Who knows how this "vegen leather" holds up, but I suspect it is probably the same issue. GM's fix...change the leather bolsters to vinyl (and cheapen up the interior).

· Registered
810 Posts
@R99 Is this some random post you harvested off of Reddit? Why do people repost these things? Since the original poster is not participating here, we can't possible offer suggestions or get questions answered. The only thing we can "accomplish" here is speculate based on our own biases.

My opinion is that this looks like abrasion, and only the owner of that vehicle really knows what the likely cause of the abrasion is. Maybe it's something "normal" that you wouldn't expect to be a problem, but maybe it's not. Either way, without the owner's participation, it's pretty useless to start a discussion here in this forum.

· Registered
163 Posts
When I had a Corvette, the same thing would happen with the leather bolsters on the seats. Chevrolet (GM) response to this premature wear was to NOT wear jeans in the seats as jeans are terribly abrasive against leather. Who knows how this "vegen leather" holds up, but I suspect it is probably the same issue. GM's fix...change the leather bolsters to vinyl (and cheapen up the interior).
Perhaps GM should carry a line of clothes that are appropriate. What happened to the "juicy" pants from the 90s?

· Registered
2022 R1T no spare, no tonneau, El Cap, dark 22's
80 Posts
What type of treatment are you giving the vegan leather? I used to have 5 kinds of leather conditioner for the Corvettes. I had seats recovered by the fellow who does all the show cars and classic Vettes. He displays his seats outdoors at shows in good and bad weather.

I asked him what to use on the real, expensive leather seats an his answer was, "Lemon Pledge". Yup.

It takes a lot of the friction out of sliding in and out and the seats look great. I've been using it on the vegan Tesla seats and they look great. just my 2 cents.

I agree, holster, phone case of abrasive belt. The only belts I use for casual dress are from Bates, good webbing and plastic clasp, so no car scratches.

Ray

· Registered
80 Posts
Right... Those rivets on Levis are murder.

· Registered
4 Posts
Exactly, that is why I ask all my passengers to take their pants (jeans) off and why I drive naked :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts