Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Prius, 2012 Tacoma, 2012 Vespa GTV300
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm mildly annoyed. Those babies should be blacklisted for the whine-fest they held.
Sadly, they are very adept at creating enough clickbait style content that they have amassed a following that enough vehicle manufacturers have taken notice. I guess Rivian just joined the group. Sad.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm mildly annoyed. Those babies should be blacklisted for the whine-fest they held.
I agree somewhat. Yes, TFL definitely came off entitled in their constant complaining but I do feel like Rivian did intentionally slight them on multiple occasions.

Here's why.
1) They didn't included them in the Colorado FM event which is basically their home base. Im almost positive the designated trail would have been familiar to one of them. Imagine the perspective they could have provided having taken multiple vehicles on that same route. But no instead Rivian invites out of state tech reviewers. Huh? Some content was good (jerryrigeverything) but lots was lacking.

2) They never (up to this point at least) sent them a test truck. Instead they send it to yet again another tech reviewer MKBHD (great reviews, knows nothing about trucks, sorry bro). Even DougD got it before TFL? I have always felt like he does last minute research hours before filming a vehicle and often provides incorrect facts all while filming on his iPhone.

Maybe Rivian had their reasons for not giving them access? That's anyone's guess but to me TFL provides good non biased reviews and does well comparing the competition. I'm looking forward to their video on the R1T.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Not a fan of TFL, only when they're first to report on something but that quickly dies off as others catch up. I hope guys like Sandy Munro, Engineering Explained and some other more techy and knowledgeable guys get a R1T to test. Plus, both seem to like Rivian.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I'm so done with all the identical reviews from all the self-proclaimed journalists. I am much more interested in the real-world stuff that is just about to be released by early non-Rivian employees.
x2

What we really need to see are long term reviews that test these more than we would. MotorTrend or a similar publication might be up for it. But whoever does will probably have to either purchase their own Rivian or find a way to convince RJ into lending them one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like TFL they do real truck reviews. Not everything they do is good but they will provide you with the towing info everyone wants and real world testing.

The tech reviewers that literally have never driven a truck or some even a car in their lives was annoying IMO, they all just loved all the cool features and zero credibility.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I look forward to TFL reviewing the truck. At least then you can get an apples to apples comparison as a TRUCK. All the other reviews are great for comparing it as tech or even comparing it to other EVs, but TFL will have a unique perspective to consider as we wait for our trucks.

Not a fan of the whinefest they put on about not being one of the first, but I am interested in what they will find. Would also like to see a long term test from one of the legacy outlets (C&D, MT, etc.).

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since TFL hadn't received an R1T from Rivian yet, they completed their 'Truck of the Year' process and excluding it and several other trucks. They determined the 2022 Ford Maverick to be their 'Truck of the Year'.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since TFL hadn't received an R1T from Rivian yet, they completed their 'Truck of the Year' process and excluding it and several other trucks. They determined the 2022 Ford Maverick to be their 'Truck of the Year'.

Well the Maverick was also available to real buyers. The R1T will likely be truck of the year for 2022.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well the Maverick was also available to real buyers. The R1T will likely be truck of the year for 2022.
The Maverick is a solid vehicle. At $20K and 42 city/33 hwy/37 combined mileage for the Hybrid is a CRAZY good deal IMO. It has now moved to the top 3 purchase options for my new vehicle this year. Mostly waiting on official safety ratings before pulling the trigger. I really wanted an EV but this Hybrid might be close enough for 2022.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For those that care, according to a recent YouTube video TFL Truck is getting an R1T later this month.
LOL!!!! They've been such babies about not getting one of these!!! They also are super incompetent about understanding how electric vehicles actually work. I used to like their channel, but once they started spreading misinformation, adding to range anxiety issues, and just plain not doing their research, they lost me as a viewer...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL!!!! They've been such babies about not getting one of these!!! They also are super incompetent about understanding how electric vehicles actually work. I used to like their channel, but once they started spreading misinformation, adding to range anxiety issues, and just plain not doing their research, they lost me as a viewer...
I hear you! They're in an excellent location for towing and off-road testing. They just need to only let Andre and/or Tommy on camera. Roman, Nathan and that Truck [email protected] guy with the hat need to stay as far away from the camera and a microphone as possible. And stop focusing on clickbait content and start focusing on a segment leader when it comes to online automotive journalism.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I watch many videos they post, especially the EV ones. Can you elaborate on the misinformation they have provided to viewers? Not a fanboy just looking for good sources for EV reviews.
I hear you! They're in an excellent location for towing and off-road testing. They just need to only let Andre and/or Tommy on camera. Roman, Nathan and that Truck [email protected] guy with the hat need to stay as far away from the camera and a microphone as possible. And stop focusing on clickbait content and start focusing on a segment leader when it comes to online automotive journalism.
Most if not all YT reviews use Clickbait but I agree several reviewers on the team are not very camera friendly and are hard to watch.

Overall it's still hard to get an honest review of any vehicle online in any format. Lots of fans of EVs and financially motivated reviews across the board. That is why I like to see multiple reviews of a vehicle before I make a decision. I also want some seat time as well. That is much tougher with EVs so leaning on these kinds of reviews it's more important for information to be correct.

·
Registered
202? R1S Adventure
23 Posts
I'm so done with all the identical reviews from all the self-proclaimed journalists. I am much more interested in the real-world stuff that is just about to be released by early non-Rivian employees.
I agree with RITVT. I've seen enough reviews now and they are mostly the same. The only comments on most are nit picky. I'm now just checking the web for updates on production.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Most if not all YT reviews use Clickbait but I agree several reviewers on the team are not very camera friendly and are hard to watch.
Overall it's still hard to get an honest review of any vehicle online in any format.
I'm just sick of most of them just copying exactly what the other guy said. The first guy complains about a single particular vehicle component then you just watch them all regurgitate the same complaint. Or they focus way more on the badging, colours and infotainment system than anything else. Most of them spend more time walking around or sitting in the vehicle than even driving it, even when they have an opportunity to drive it as long as they'd like. Almost all of them quote some specs incorrectly. I'm sick of these self professed, unresearched, unprofessional YouTube journalists. Don't get me started on the YouTube channels that just pirate someone else's video content and add a computer generated voiceover. WTF? I guess I'm just old and new to these shenanigans.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts