Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very small thing, but if Rivian wants to appeal to luxury SUV buyers, I think they need to take a page from luxury brands like Cadillac and Rolls-Royce and hide the rear wiper. It gives a more refined finish and make the back end more appealing.

Rivian R1S Rear

Cadillac Escalade Rear
Rolls-Royce Cullinan Rear

·
Registered
24 Posts
I believe Rivian is after the "adventure" buyer, not the "luxury SUV" buyer, so something simple like an exposed wiper on the rear window is probably not a high-priority item. Keep in mind that Rivian is a different type of car builder, so copying what every other manufacturer is doing, goes against that mantra.

As a side note, I think the rear end looks just fine the way it is, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I believe Rivian is after the "adventure" buyer, not the "luxury SUV" buyer, so something simple like an exposed wiper on the rear window is probably not a high-priority item. Keep in mind that Rivian is a different type of car builder, so copying what every other manufacturer is doing, goes against that mantra.

As a side note, I think the rear end looks just fine the way it is, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I would not have given this a thought unless it was pointed out. I'm with you it's not a big deal for me either. It makes sense for Rivian as an "adventure" brand to make their vehicles as simple as possible. Hiding the wiper just makes things more complicated than necessary.

·
Registered
502 Posts
What @PoorPilot said and if you want to tidy up the rear, I think what's really making the wiper assembly stand out is the cover/guard over the actual wiper blade.

Remove that to make it more aesthetically pleasing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts