Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the Rivorum. Anyone know when you get your order number? I ordered last Sunday Aug 2, 2020. Delivery appears to be at least a year away. I’m VERY hopeful, but concerned about the driver side/passenger interior specs not being as roomy as say the Navigator, Expedition, Q/Armada, etc. I’m looking to make a move on an EV SUV and get away from petroleum immediately. I’m a big guy at 6’6”, so if it is not roomy enough (hip, shoulder, legs), I’ll be forced to look elsewhere The Tesla X is surprisingly roomy, but I like the look of the R1S much better. The wait and unknown size is killin’me

·
Registered
362 Posts
Just joined the Rivorum. Anyone know when you get your order number? I ordered last Sunday Aug 2, 2020. Delivery appears to be at least a year away. I’m VERY hopeful, but concerned about the driver side/passenger interior specs not being as roomy as say the Navigator, Expedition, Q/Armada, etc. I’m looking to make a move on an EV SUV and get away from petroleum immediately. I’m a big guy at 6’6”, so if it is not roomy enough (hip, shoulder, legs), I’ll be forced to look elsewhere The Tesla X is surprisingly roomy, but I like the look of the R1S much better. The wait and unknown size is killin’me
Welcome aboard @Mrpl1967! Check out the link below so you can find out your order number.

As far as interior space goes, the exact dimensions aren't out but this thread should help you. If Shaq can fit in the R1S you should be good to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty encouraging to see big rig like Shaq fit and even know about this brand. I wonder how many Papa Johns he fit in there. LOL. The order number trick did not pull any numbers like the directions implied.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Curious what the hip and shoulder room were for Shaq. I can get in most cars, but will they be comfortable for a 2+ hour drive somewhere?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like once he was in it was just big enough for him. Shaq is bigger than me, so I'm hopeful the specs are big enough. Hopefully, Rivian allows the front cockpit to expand big enough; like a full size SUV (ie Yukon, Expedition, etc.)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Looks like once he was in it was just big enough for him. Shaq is bigger than me, so I'm hopeful the specs are big enough. Hopefully, Rivian allows the front cockpit to expand big enough; like a full size SUV (ie Yukon, Expedition, etc.)
Glad to have you on board @Mrpl1967! I feel like that's going to be more for the R1S than R1T but I completely agree, the comfier the better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to have you on board @Mrpl1967! I feel like that's going to be more for the R1S than R1T but I completely agree, the comfier the better.
I hope that they do not end up like some of the mid-size SUV's. The cockpit size/specs should rival all of the full size SUVs on the road today (Escalade, Yukon, Expeditions, etc).

·
Registered
188 Posts
I hope that they do not end up like some of the mid-size SUV's. The cockpit size/specs should rival all of the full size SUVs on the road today (Escalade, Yukon, Expeditions, etc).
It'll be interesting because the R1S is smaller than the new Escalade for example, but the skateboard platform should allow for more interior space.

R1S
Length - 200.7 inches
Width - 79.3 inches
Height - 71.5 inches

2021 Escalade
Length - 211.0 inches
Width - 81.0 inches
Height - 76.4 inches

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It'll be interesting because the R1S is smaller than the new Escalade for example, but the skateboard platform should allow for more interior space.

R1S
Length - 200.7 inches
Width - 79.3 inches
Height - 71.5 inches

2021 Escalade
Length - 211.0 inches
Width - 81.0 inches
Height - 76.4 inches
The exterior specs are not too far off. However, I'm more interested in leg, hip and shoulder specs. I'm hopeful this wont end being the size of a Volvo XC, BMW X7, etc. More like the Yukon, Expy, or Tahoe int. specs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts