Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think that the R1T and/or the R1S will be able to be equipped with a snow plow? It seems like they'd be capable of doing it based on the specs. Plus it would be better than using a big gas/diesel pickup.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Does anyone think that the R1T and/or the R1S will be able to be equipped with a snow plow? It seems like they'd be capable of doing it based on the specs. Plus it would be better than using a big gas/diesel pickup.
You'd think it would work for the R1T but I don't know if that's in the plans for Rivian. It could be an aftermarket thing potentially.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I can see that, I also wonder how much range you would go through trying to plow snow. because towing certainly goes through a lot.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You'd think it would work for the R1T but I don't know if that's in the plans for Rivian. It could be an aftermarket thing potentially.
Quite some time ago I believe I had read Rivian had no plans for this. At any rate, that doesn't surprise me if you break it down to the vehicle's target segment - "adventure" not "utility." Pending snow conditions plowing could end being an adventure :eek: but more likely considered utility.
So IMHO I wouldn't hold your breath on Rivian providing any feature or support in this area, at least not initially. As for aftermarket, it will be interesting on how Rivian writes up their warranty if, say, modifying the front end for a plow would void the warranty. After all, I doubt they did any testing with either EAV with a plow attached to it. ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Quite some time ago I believe I had read Rivian had no plans for this. At any rate, that doesn't surprise me if you break it down to the vehicle's target segment - "adventure" not "utility." Pending snow conditions plowing could end being an adventure :eek: but more likely considered utility.
So IMHO I wouldn't hold your breath on Rivian providing any feature or support in this area, at least not initially. As for aftermarket, it will be interesting on how Rivian writes up their warranty if, say, modifying the front end for a plow would void the warranty. After all, I doubt they did any testing with either EAV with a plow attached to it. ;)
That does seem to be a great marketing spin to this question, "Why plow snow, when you can go on a winter adventure!" I agree too with the warranty, Rivian is not going to want people screwing around with their stuff, especially this early on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts