Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before Rivian got to work on the R1S and R1T, their original goal was to make an electric sports car.

In the Rivian Adventurous Forever series' first episode, you can see a photo of the car around 1:30.

In the photo you can see a two-door hatchback that looks a lot like the Honda CR-Z. But the project was canned in 2011.

I wonder what would've happened if Rivian stuck with this instead of the R1S or R1T.

Rivian Sports Coupe

·
Registered
199 Posts
RJ wants to help the planet
If he feels a small affordable car will help then he will build one
IMO cars are useless
I'm a truck guy so 🤷
Is it JUNE yet

·
Registered
652 Posts
Trucks make sense to me. For the last 15 years I've been screaming at auto companies "Why aren't you making a real hybrid or electric truck??"

Think about it. Trucks/SUVs outsell cars by wide margins. Trucks/SUVs are also the biggest users of gas. Electrifying (even partially) Trucks/SUVs has a much larger (positive) impact on the world rather than going after low-hanging-fruit econoboxes.

This is probably a major contributing factor to why the thought of Toyota makes me rage. They were the king of Hybrid tech, yet the never took that tech and stuffed it in a Tacoma. WTF is wrong with them? Do you know how many people would have benefited from that? Instead, Toyota takes 20-40 year old tech and still sells that as "new" in the Tacoma. Jerks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Trucks make sense to me. For the last 15 years I've been screaming at auto companies "Why aren't you making a real hybrid or electric truck??"

Think about it. Trucks/SUVs outsell cars by wide margins. Trucks/SUVs are also the biggest users of gas. Electrifying (even partially) Trucks/SUVs has a much larger (positive) impact on the world rather than going after low-hanging-fruit econoboxes.

This is probably a major contributing factor to why the thought of Toyota makes me rage. They were the king of Hybrid tech, yet the never took that tech and stuffed it in a Tacoma. WTF is wrong with them? Do you know how many people would have benefited from that? Instead, Toyota takes 20-40 year old tech and still sells that as "new" in the Tacoma. Jerks.
Good Rant
Lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts