Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
IMO it will be a rocky ride for the next 2-3 yrs. Rivian looks to be solid but their stock will rise and fall with their hits and misses along with stock market performance.
I agree it will be up and down, I am guessing at least 3 to 5 years, need to see what the second US plant and the EU plant look like. Need to see how the initial 3 vehicles do and what the second wave is.

I bought it and do not plan on doing anything for 7 to 10 years, by then it will either help me buy my next EV or a steak dinner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree it will be up and down, I am guessing at least 3 to 5 years, need to see what the second US plant and the EU plant look like. Need to see how the initial 3 vehicles do and what the second wave is.

I bought it and do not plan on doing anything for 7 to 10 years, by then it will either help me buy my next EV or a steak dinner.
I'm not a financial advisor, these are just my own stupid opinions. I rode tesla up to over 1000/share, T might actually be worth a good fraction of their current value. On to Rivian - they are crazily overvalued in any traditional sense, because while they have enormous potential, they just haven't yet shown they can produce in volume at reasonable cost basis. imho they are overvalued like much of the other ev segment. It's pretty likely they will succeed also. So their crazy high price makes it hard to reconcile. I bought some at ipo and sold half. At $90b market cap, way over other automakers, they have to illustrate they can actually produce vehicles. I bought in at the pre-ipo price, think that like $75 I think? I think a fair value for them is about 10-20 billion. With the way the stock market works, I'm waiting for both a downturn in their price plus producing 100s of vehicles a day. Then I would buy back in.

Rivian is valued more than ford and all the rest except for VW and toyota. Toyota looks way overvalued, will they ever make serious plans for evs (instead of saying they'll have a bunch in 10 years)? I doubt ford or gm could design something as nice as the rivian semi-luxury truck, but ford's Lightening does look good enough to drain rivian's sales. Remember even kind of hated tesla had big struggles with production hell. And they are the only new car company to survive in 50+ years. So because of future potential competition, uncertainity about mass production for rivian, I'm uncertain.

I'm looking forward to them selling me my LE mid next year, but they need to show they can produce, even harder than design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.