Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts if Rivian were to develop a super car in the future?
I see the potential and ability but feel like it would go against their marketing strategy of outdoor exploration and adventure.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you check their history, they started off trying to do a roadster.
I would agree that I would love to see a roadster or convertible based on he same skateboard. Can you imagine those cars with AWD and air suspension!

·
Registered
881 Posts
I rather see a Rivian super SUV that can rival the Lamborghini Urus.

There's a real business case for it too...

"Urus sales totaled 4,962 units in 2019, accounting for more than half of all the Lamborghinis sold — and, at its starting price, Urus customers spent more than $1 billion on the SUV in 2019."

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
56 Posts
I think you have to consider the exact opposite. What if Rivian made a 45k R1S that was about the size of a Q3/X3/etc. The number of people jumping to get something that would far exceed the numbers of a Urus competitor and would give them so much clout against Tesla's boring Model Y. Yes no third row, smaller footprint but an EV that size with 300 miles would sell so well in America.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I can't see them going back to a sports car or super car after ditching it for the R1T. If anything they should make a version of the R1T that could go against the Raptor and TRX.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't see them going back to a sports car or super car after ditching it for the R1T. If anything they should make a version of the R1T that could go against the Raptor and TRX.
What exactly do you mean go against the Raptor and TRX? The R1T is faster, more powerful, has more torque, a higher towing capacity, higher ground clearance, and better approach/departure angles. The only two areas where the Raptor or TRX have an edge would be overall size and maybe suspension travel, but even that we don’t know for sure yet. And in actual off roading, those two trucks’ sizes actually work against them. I don’t think the R1T will have any problem outperforming stock Raptors and TRX’s.

·
Registered
208 Posts
What exactly do you mean go against the Raptor and TRX? The R1T is faster, more powerful, has more torque, a higher towing capacity, higher ground clearance, and better approach/departure angles. The only two areas where the Raptor or TRX have an edge would be overall size and maybe suspension travel, but even that we don’t know for sure yet. And in actual off roading, those two trucks’ sizes actually work against them. I don’t think the R1T will have any problem outperforming stock Raptors and TRX’s.
Depends on the type of terrain. The Raptor is really built to handle big whoops repeatedly. And it does it very well. VERY well. So I don't think the standard R1T will be able to complete.

I'd love to see a hyped up version of the R1T with crazy shocks.

How do these trucks compare in terms of weight?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Depends on the type of terrain. The Raptor is really built to handle big whoops repeatedly. And it does it very well. VERY well. So I don't think the standard R1T will be able to complete.

I'd love to see a hyped up version of the R1T with crazy shocks.

How do these trucks compare in terms of weight?
The Rivian is about 300lbs heavier with a gvwr right at 1000lbs more than the raptor. I know Ford has sent a mostly stock raptor to race Baja. Maybe we’ll see Rivian do the same thing? Either the 4 motors on the R1T, do you think a true long travel suspension setup would require a major redesign? Super cool for sure, but definitely a very niche market. The majority of raptor owners don’t even use their trucks like that. But shoot, knowing that you COULD is half the point right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts