Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They give a great look at the Rivian's suspension with an eye to comparing to other off road vehicles. Bottomline was it beat them all except for the much bigger Ford Raptor off road package.

The liked the setup a lot and noted it was not only good for off road but was identical to McLaren street racers.

Heck of a combo. Looks like a superbuilt vehicle.

·
Registered
562 Posts
@ColeAK Did you watch the video? Specifically from 1 minute to 3 minutes in where he does an RTI test and compares the results to other stock pickups (table at about the 3 minute mark). I know you've said before that the Rivian lacks articulation, which makes it unsuitable for your use case, but this video seems to be saying that the air suspension actually helps the Rivian perform in this test better than a traditional suspension with similar wheel travel.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yep air suspension is pointless.
Having owned two vehicles with air suspension (a first gen Touareg and my current I-Pace) I respectfully disagree with this statement. Independent suspensions have drawbacks, articulation being one, but the increased functionality, ride quality, and damping control you get with a well-designed air suspension are real advantages that make for a more generally capable vehicle with better driving characteristics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.