Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Ordered a Launch Edition to come to Maine...reserved back in February of this year after watching this company for a while. Looking forward to tooling around and bringing this up to ski next year! Also looking forward to the EV...currently driving a subaru Crosstrek hybrid, so this will be quite the upgrade...so excited!

·
Registered
2022 R1T Red Canyon, Forest Edge, with 20"AT
1 Posts
Hi! Ordered a Launch Edition to come to Maine...reserved back in February of this year after watching this company for a while. Looking forward to tooling around and bringing this up to ski next year! Also looking forward to the EV...currently driving a subaru Crosstrek hybrid, so this will be quite the upgrade...so excited!
Congratulations! I just received my delivery time period between Sep and Dec 2022 for an adventure in Cumberland ME. Once you get your LE, I am sure many would like to see it if you would be willing to do a meet up!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugh. Was patiently waiting for my April/May delivery window, but not sure I can swing the 11th hour price increase. Just put a deposit in on a Tesla and will wait and see what happens. Sigh.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Let me know when/if you ever receive Maine plates. They told me they paid the excise tax and filled out all the paperwork for the Maine plates to be delivered to my house. It been almost 2 months and I still do not haver plates or a Title for the vehicle. In 4 more weeks the temporary plates run out. They have not been good answering questions about this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went and got my truck registered at my town office and got my plates at the BMV on Friday. I had to fill out a Title Application form, and a Sales Tax form...I had asked my guide for a copy of the window sticker, and in the paperwork filled out in steps 1-8, printed out a copy of the Purchase Agreement. I am financing, so I believe the lienholder holds the title. It was a bit confusing for the town office, since they couldn't put "Rivian" into their system, but they made it work, and once I told them I was not purchasing from a dealer, but instead straight from the manufacturer, they seemed clearer on what to do. I paid excise tax to my town. Rivian charged IL sales tax, so I only had to pay the difference between IL and ME, which was about $78. The Purchase Agreement shows the sales tax that was charged...
I hope this isn't too confusing...it took me a few days to figure out what I needed. My town office was pretty helpful...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went and got my truck registered at my town office and got my plates at the BMV on Friday. I had to fill out a Title Application form, and a Sales Tax form...I had asked my guide for a copy of the window sticker, and in the paperwork filled out in steps 1-8, printed out a copy of the Purchase Agreement. I am financing, so I believe the lienholder holds the title. It was a bit confusing for the town office, since they couldn't put "Rivian" into their system, but they made it work, and once I told them I was not purchasing from a dealer, but instead straight from the manufacturer, they seemed clearer on what to do. I paid excise tax to my town. Rivian charged IL sales tax, so I only had to pay the difference between IL and ME, which was about $78. The Purchase Agreement shows the sales tax that was charged...
I hope this isn't too confusing...it took me a few days to figure out what I needed. My town office was pretty helpful...
On my bill of sale it shows that they paid $1,968 in Title and registration fees. My Guide said that was to the State of Maine for Excise Tax and that I would get plates in the mail. My Town Office said that I need a Title to register.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts