Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Ford F-250 Powerstroke 6.0 Diesel
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going from production of around 20k vehicles to 400k should definitely make alot of happy customers. I have a pre-order date of
17 Aug 2020 and still waiting with no guide reaching out to me yet. They said I should hear something about a possible delivery date at the end of summer. But that delivery date wouldn’t be known until the end of summer. A total of over 90k pre-orders have been received as of today, but I wouldn’t think accepting more pre orders makes sense but ive never ran a truck manufacturing business either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just to be clear that GA plant is going to produce R2 series, and not the current R1 series. That will still be produced at Normal IL plant. Rivian said they'll make 25k this year and have not given any guidance about next year's production numbers....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to be clear that GA plant is going to produce R2 series, and not the current R1 series. That will still be produced at Normal IL plant. Rivian said they'll make 25k this year and have not given any guidance about next year's production numbers....
Font Electric blue

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The R2,R3 cars are still in the works Rivian is not going to build a multimillon dollar plant around concept vehicle’s with 90k pre order holders out there waiting on there vehicles, does that make even a bit of sense? I dont know where you got your information but without one quote from the CEO about what you said I would say its fake news. With already dealing with the troubling stock, and the price increases on pre order holders that was retracted, I dont think Rivian is looking for more boat rocking like producing some cars that pre order holders would have no interest in if they truly needed a truck platform.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The R2,R3 cars are still in the works Rivian is not going to build a multimillon dollar plant around concept vehicle’s with 90k pre order holders out there waiting on there vehicles, does that make even a bit of sense? I dont know where you got your information but without one quote from the CEO about what you said I would say its fake news. With already dealing with the troubling stock, and the price increases on pre order holders that was retracted, I dont think Rivian is looking for more boat rocking like producing some cars that pre order holders would have no interest in if they truly needed a truck platform.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

·
Registered
85 Posts
Rivian is facing parts shortages and not manufacturing space shortages. Normal IL can produce up to 100k EVs a year. They are no where near capacity. Parallel focus on second factory for future growth is good but they need to attack part shortages aggressively; should be top priority for now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This quote, wherever you found it is referring to the Normal IL factory. It goes on to say that GA site in development, which was announce earlier this year. If you look at the date, it was at the end of the last year.

Rivian has said multiple time in their earnings call and in their SEC filing that GA plant is for the R2 models and IL factory will continue with R1 and EDV.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Production of the R1 vehicles is currently constrained by parts, not by manufacturing capacity. The Normal factory is set up to produce 150k vehicles a year, and is currently being upgraded to produce 200k vehicles a year. Because of supply chain problems, Rivian is currently running the production lines only 30 hours a week - that's 3/4 of 1 shift. Even at that pace Rivian is currently on track to meet its guidance of 25k vehicles produced this year. If the supply issues can be cleared up then running the line 40 hours/shift and adding two more shifts easily translates to 100k vehicles/year with the current line speed, even without expected improvements in the manufacturing.

The GA plant is forward-looking - it's going to take years to build the plant, and years to roll out the R2, so if they want to be ready to produce the R2 at that time they need to start building the manufacturing capacity now and this needs to be NEW capacity so it doesn't take away from production of R1 vehicles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts