Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone completed a trade-in their alongside their Rivian delivery? I was curious about the exact logistics and timing confirmation of trade-in value. Per the purchase agreement it says that Rivian has the right to make any adjustments to the trade in value estimate. I wanted to confirm that that happens at the moment of trade-in and acceptance of the Rivian and not that they are doing adjustments after the fact a week later when they have already taken your car. Any feedback?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The value they gave me for my Tesla was solid. Slightly more than Carmax and essentially the same as Shift. The language is opaque and seems to give Rivian the ability to unilaterally change the trade in amount after they take your car away

·
Registered
929 Posts
If they off-set the sale price by trade amount and list that on the P&S as FINAL, then it is should be considered locked (once signed). Is that how they are handling it and what they are doing with the trade in value?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Per the purchase agreement “You agree to pay to Rivian, upon notice, any adjustment to Your Trade-In offer”. It doesn’t stipulate a time period because obviously if they materially adjusted the trade in before they took it you wouldn’t necessarily give it to them. If it was after the fact when you took your Rivian and they took your car you are at their mercy.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Unless it is a line-item in the P&S, you have your Rivian, you no longer have your trade-in, and the P&S has been executed.
If you had your Rivian, then you would have a fully executed P&S.
If the trade in was processed as a payment (and not a credit against the sale price on the P&S), and you still had your trade-in vehicle in your possession without transference to Rivian, then that would be a different story I suppose.

·
Registered
929 Posts
OK. I guess the next question is, do you sign the P&S (with the trade-in credit reflected) before they take your car away? If so, there shouldn't be an opaqueness at all. Done deal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You actually sign it before they set up delivery. They then arrange a delivery and take the car away. TBD any adjustments that may be made occur at the time of delivery or after the fact which is the whole premise of this conversation

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.