Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Rivian Tweeted! “ This week we were thrilled to welcome some of our earliest preorder holders at our plant in Normal, IL. More to come next week.”

5K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  eHauler 
#1 ·
“This week we were thrilled to welcome some of our earliest preorder holders at our plant in Normal, IL. More to come next week.’

Who else is mad they weren’t invited!

#10 ·
How did they pick who was offered a spot? It appears they had to sign a NDA... why?

If the vehicles were supposedly "ready" for production but there's component supply issues, then why the NDA? Why can't Rivian show infotainment or other details? It all feels like b.s. to me.

I'd be a LOT more accepting and lenient if I felt they were being honest and straightforward.

Reactions: Oxonium
#13 ·
It's encouraging that they are reaching out to early pre-order holders. At least a lucky few got the opportunity to get in and drive.I would sign an NDA for that.

I'm looking forward to the driving events starting in September. I hope the test drives are not in the city. You don't get much feel for it driving in heavy traffic.

I just get frustrated that as a day one pre-order R1T LE, living close to the factory service center, here we are at 2 months into the guide contacts and I haven't heard from them. The color and interior choice shouldn't be the deciding factor on who gets contacted, since it's subject to change. If they told me that choosing Forest Edge interior would delay my order by 4 weeks, I probably wouldn't change. If they said it would delay my order by 6 months, I would switch to black.

I need to see the colors in person, to make a final choice. Maybe we get some good news next week !

#22 ·
I dont’t know if ‘mad’ is the right way to describe it, but I ordered on 11/27/2018 and have been disappointed at the lack clarity on expected delivery timing. The reality is I had to by a vehicle now and am now an owner of a Polestar 2. It may not replace the desire to replace my weekend driver pick up truck, but I will now have a different perspective on the Rivian. I will keep my preorder (for now), but will likely switch to the longer range battery. I would also say that the early mover advantage may be lost with other trucks closer to production by the time I see a definitive Rivian delivery date.

#29 ·
I am of the same opinion as @wkrtwo regarding things. First, I am way later than most of you on this forum in terms of ordering. However, I bought a Mustang Mach-E LR AWD. I am perfectly content with this vehicle. More importantly, I am not stressing over perceived delays any longer. I’m content waiting out a year or even a year-and-a-half to get the R1S I want. Plus, even though I can go 300 mpc on the MME, it makes me realize that I want the max battery size available unless the performance numbers (in terms of speed) are that much lower. So, my recommendation is to buy another EV to satiate your appetite and sell or keep it when the Rivian is ready.

#30 ·
My problem is that I need to replace my CR-V with something bigger to accommodate a growing family. Initially I was expecting to get the LE R1S this year, but now I don't know when I will get it. I could just get a used car for the time being, however, all car prices skyrocketed due to the current shortages.

So on the one hand, I need a bigger car ASAP, but on the other, I don't want to overpay today and sell the car in one year.

PS: I already have a small EV for short drives. I need a bigger car for the wife, kids, inlaws, dogs, parrots and my lawn mower Ash😬.

#32 · (Edited)
More coverage from one of the lucky reservation holders that got invited.
And dinner was served the only way it should when a Rivian R1T is around ;)

"It’s a great night here in Kansas City as we rock climb at @rokcolathe with the kiddos and think back to just 9 days ago when we were here. @rivianofficial thank you for the all inclusive event! Being one of TEN preholders invited was very, very special!"
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

"One of the many awesome videos by @rivianofficial of my oldest. Every day we were at Rivian he announced that he is going to work here in a couple years. 😎"

"Picked up in a Rivian to drive to Rivian was a fabulous way to start our visit.
For those of you on the edge of your seat, waiting for your Rivian - I tell you, the wait will be SO worth it. Wait!
There is no other vehicle like this that can do all the things:

off road (wait till you see and get to play with the different modes!!!) +

ride like a luxury car +

inspire confidence to go have fun +

looks amazingly cool +

is all-electric and has the best interest of our community and world in mind.
I can keep going because seriously this list is long! Keep waiting, you are SO close to getting yours (and me mine!!!!)"
Cloud Sky Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.