Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Ronet Order #1645
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“This week we were thrilled to welcome some of our earliest preorder holders at our plant in Normal, IL. More to come next week.’

Who else is mad they weren’t invited!

·
Registered
14 Posts
“This week we were thrilled to welcome some of our earliest preorder holders at our plant in Normal, IL. More to come next week.’

Who else is mad they weren’t invited!
Not Mad..but I wonder what the cut off date was? I am Dec 8th 2018...??? But glad to see some movement...

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
603 Posts
I’m past getting mad about stuff like this. I’m sure there’s some spot on the 7 stages of grief that I’m at. Maybe delusion? I’m just happy to see progress.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dang, they just have one fumble after another. I think on paper this sounded good, but...
"the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
How did they pick who was offered a spot? It appears they had to sign a NDA... why?

If the vehicles were supposedly "ready" for production but there's component supply issues, then why the NDA? Why can't Rivian show infotainment or other details? It all feels like b.s. to me.

I'd be a LOT more accepting and lenient if I felt they were being honest and straightforward.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's encouraging that they are reaching out to early pre-order holders. At least a lucky few got the opportunity to get in and drive.I would sign an NDA for that.

I'm looking forward to the driving events starting in September. I hope the test drives are not in the city. You don't get much feel for it driving in heavy traffic.

I just get frustrated that as a day one pre-order R1T LE, living close to the factory service center, here we are at 2 months into the guide contacts and I haven't heard from them. The color and interior choice shouldn't be the deciding factor on who gets contacted, since it's subject to change. If they told me that choosing Forest Edge interior would delay my order by 4 weeks, I probably wouldn't change. If they said it would delay my order by 6 months, I would switch to black.

I need to see the colors in person, to make a final choice. Maybe we get some good news next week !

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
603 Posts
But why the NDA’s? We’re two months from delivery. I can’t imagine what they still need to hide.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Their need to hide info is frustrating
They're not hiding. They have a right to control their publicity. Today's Rivian is not the same Rivian that was announced three years ago and they've been paying the price for coming out so early. They know that people are frustrated with the various tweaks to specs and features and that's really because they announced an idealized version and then real-world conditions and cost considerations kicked in. I think Tesla's going to pay a price when the Cybertruck won't hit the promised pricepoint with features intact. We're close to introduction now so just let Rivian control their messaging.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
309 Posts
But why the NDA’s? We’re two months from delivery. I can’t imagine what they still need to hide.
There are many reasons for that. Including marketing plans that they want spoiled by leaks. Also, this is probably a training opportunity for the staff that will conduct the test driving etc and they don't want a bad experience related to that becoming news.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.