Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Rivian Tweeted! “ This week we were thrilled to welcome some of our earliest preorder holders at our plant in Normal, IL. More to come next week.”

5K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  eHauler 
I’m past getting mad about stuff like this. I’m sure there’s some spot on the 7 stages of grief that I’m at. Maybe delusion? I’m just happy to see progress.

But why the NDA’s? We’re two months from delivery. I can’t imagine what they still need to hide.

There are many reasons for that. Including marketing plans that they want spoiled by leaks. Also, this is probably a training opportunity for the staff that will conduct the test driving etc and they don't want a bad experience related to that becoming news.
I seriously question whether anything they do in the marketing and comms departments lately have any real “plan” behind it. It just all seems very ad hoc, reactive and lacks cohesion. But I respect the fact that others have different opinions.

Reactions: Sultanum
I agree it seems like they are just filling up the gap created by the delays. It doesn't mean that they don't have solid promotional material planned for the when deliveries start that have just being delayed as everything else.

Besides, what if they do not want to have public information about the nature of the delays? Do you think it is crazy? I would say it is pretty normal.
I don’t know that “crazy” is the right word, but based on lot of other comments on here, I’d say that some do. To me it’s disappointing. I feel that they are completely discounting the fact that they have a rabid following of early adopters willing to take a chance on a brand new company and vehicle. The recent lack of open engagement with that community has significantly deteriorated the enthusiasm. I think that’s a mistake on their part. But obviously they don’t care what I (or many others) think. That’s their prerogative.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.