Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a friend about the R1T and he was talking about how he wants to put extra lights on his truck when he gets one. He asked me if the R1T comes with upfitter switch like in his F-250 and I told him I'd try and find out.

Has anyone heard or seen anything from Rivian about upfitter switches?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have not. The only mention of this I've read are in other forums where members convey their wish items, this being one of them. That tells me two things - others have also not heard any mention of this from Rivian, and two, clearly there is interest in this feature.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not. The only mention of this I've read are in other forums where members convey their wish items, this being one of them. That tells me two things - others have also not heard any mention of this from Rivian, and two, clearly there is interest in this feature.
Hopefully someone at Rivian sees/hears this because it would be very handy. A part of me wonders if they won't do it at first so that people won't try and mess around with it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The real question is what would you use the them for? Realistically I don't think there's anything I'd need upfitter switches for.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was talking to a friend about the R1T and he was talking about how he wants to put extra lights on his truck when he gets one. He asked me if the R1T comes with upfitter switch like in his F-250 and I told him I'd try and find out.

Has anyone heard or seen anything from Rivian about upfitter switches?
The request for the upfitter switch info relates to a question that perhaps many of us have, is there enough head lamp power provided in the design? If the vehicle comes out like many the last several years with head lamps inadequate to the dark nights on the dark pavement some of us drive, we will want to add LED driving lights which light up the road and its fringe areas.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The request for the upfitter switch info relates to a question that perhaps many of us have, is there enough head lamp power provided in the design? If the vehicle comes out like many the last several years with head lamps inadequate to the dark nights on the dark pavement some of us drive, we will want to add LED driving lights which light up the road and its fringe areas.
You can get an idea of what the head lamps and interior lights are like with these photos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts