Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While making an appearance at Amazon’s re:MARS tech conference last week, Rivian showed attendees that their vehicles will be integrated with Alexa.

The conference tweeted a video highlighting the event which includes Christian Hubbell from Rivian saying "Alexa, open the hood," into a remote control. Then in the background you can see the R1T's front hood opening as commanded.

This is very exciting because we get to see a bit more how Amazon will be involved with Rivian aside from just being an investor.

·
Registered
451 Posts
As cars become more and more integrated with software my biggest concern is what they'll do to ensure that they can't be hacked. It freaks me out sometimes when you hear about people breaking into cars with remote signals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As cars become more and more integrated with software my biggest concern is what they'll do to ensure that they can't be hacked. It freaks me out sometimes when you hear about people breaking into cars with remote signals.
Having fail safes in place will be necessary and something I haven't seen automakers talk enough of.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having fail safes in place will be necessary and something I haven't seen automakers talk enough of.
I can't agree more, it's great that there's so much technology being put into vehicles but companies need to also show consumers that it's safe from any outside interference or hacking.

·
Registered
140 Posts
This was from a Rivian event in Seattle.
Interesting. Must be some impromptu pre-event activity as the actual Seattle private eventS don't happen until latter today, Friday, Sep 27 (4-6pm PT) and tonight (7-9pm PT).

Update: Ahh, just read in another forum this was from the "Amazon’s product demo event" which of course Amazon HQ is in Seattle.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Events and other opportunities to see the R1S and R1T should increase as autoshow season is approaching.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Events and other opportunities to see the R1S and R1T should increase as autoshow season is approaching.
I can't wait for them to expand their events, I also hope they start to show more stuff about their features, like the Alexa commands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts