Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was wondering if they would do this given the fury of those that put in deposits. I am happy to see they put themselves in our shoes. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Although they have yet to update my configuration page back yet. But I’m not worried. The email said they’ll honor the original pricing.

I wonder what happens if you modified your configuration and saved it to lower the pricing? I assume they will honor your original configuration?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good on them. I had put my reservation up for sale, but held off selling as I held out hope that they'd reconsider. This NEVER happens, so my hope is that they have earned back others that left. Would have been better to never have done it in the first place though. It makes me suspect of their decision makers.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge, 2020 Ford Ranger, 2022 Rivian R1T
2 Posts
It was something they had to do. Kudos to them for owning up to their mistakes. Even though the price increase didn't effect my R1T since my truck is in the "queue", I was looking to downgrade to a dual motor on the R1S reservation to save money. So glad I didn't have to do that..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I changed my config back to what it was originally (quad motor, green, auto cover), only new addition is floor mats.

Would be greedy of me, but I'd take a dual motor if it dropped the price from the original config pricing. Think it was $75,100 before (without floor mats)

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I was wondering if they would do this given the fury of those that put in deposits. I am happy to see they put themselves in our shoes. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Although they have yet to update my configuration page back yet. But I’m not worried. The email said they’ll honor the original pricing.

I wonder what happens if you modified your configuration and saved it to lower the pricing? I assume they will honor your original configuration?
I just got off an online chat with Rivian Support. They said there's a team holed up in a conference room "brewing coffee and stress eating cookies" to figure out how to get the configuration changes that some people made rolled back, reinstate cancelled preorders, and get the online site to reflect original pricing.

I don't envy them the task ahead of them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got off an online chat with Rivian Support. They said there's a team holed up in a conference room "brewing coffee and stress eating cookies" to figure out how to get the configuration changes that some people made rolled back, reinstate cancelled preorders, and get the online site to reflect original pricing.

Did they give you any timeframe of when the website would be updated for those pre-orders

·
Registered
433 Posts

Been there done that, not much fun when doing it but cool to look back on it after to see what had been accomplished….

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Did they give you any timeframe of when the website would be updated for those pre-orders
I didn’t ask. RJ just announced yesterday and most systems aren’t designed with partial rollbacks and restoring of config changes
no timeframe - they just said "hold of on making any more changes to your config and soon you'll see it revert back to Feb 28th"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.