Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s to many years ahead.

When you take delivery, it’s just the beginning. We developed our warranties to keep you covered for years to come.

Comprehensive
5 years or 60,000 miles
Battery Pack
8 years or 175,000 miles
Drivetrain
8 years or 175,000 miles
Corrosion
8 years with unlimited miles
(perforation)

Warranties are based on whichever comes first. For more information on our coverage, visit our online Support Center. You can also reach us by chat, phone or email. We’re here to help.

— The Guides

·
Registered
142 Posts
How did this information reach you? Random email or did you reach out to customer service?

Also, that's a great warranty. Very happy to see!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm getting really upset - I am not receiving emails from them even after twice contacting customer service and re-subscribing my account to emails :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm getting really upset - I am not receiving emails from them even after twice contacting customer service and re-subscribing my account to emails :(
It is also on the support page now, the link was in the original post as well. Was some other stuff over there that seemed newer as well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It is also on the support page now, the link was in the original post as well. Was some other stuff over there that seemed newer as well.
Yea, saw that. Mostly trying to confirm via others when I don't get emails. I just got done speaking with support and they're going to file an IT ticket for me, a level deeper than the standard support ticket I got last time this happened. Hopefully it's just something mischecked in salesforce or some other crap :fingers-crossed:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yea, saw that. Mostly trying to confirm via others when I don't get emails. I just got done speaking with support and they're going to file an IT ticket for me, a level deeper than the standard support ticket I got last time this happened. Hopefully it's just something mischecked in salesforce or some other crap :fingers-crossed:
I only got the original pre-order mails, I have not seen anything else in a while, though I was chalking that up to being in Canada and our expected Delivery start is not until November up here.

·
Registered
142 Posts
@eHauler For sure - I may do that if this current effort doesn't pan out. I wanted to avoid that just because I didn't want any complexity to cause additional problems, especially once we get to the real meat of this long process :)

Thanks to all for the quick info about the emails. I'll post back if I get anything interesting back from support other than 'we've fixed it'.

Now how about that warranty? Seems pretty solid! It's transferrable too (per the support page). I especially like that the battery is warrantied for 70% capacity, which helps alleviate some fears over battery aging.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
148 Posts
From the website:
What is the warranty on my Wall Charger?
Although Wall Chargers do not require regular maintenance, units purchased from Rivian are covered by a 5-year warranty.

Anyone knows how that compares to other options?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From the website:
What is the warranty on my Wall Charger?
Although Wall Chargers do not require regular maintenance, units purchased from Rivian are covered by a 5-year warranty.

Anyone knows how that compares to other options?
Best in the business, afaik. 1-3 year is more typical.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Some more pieces of info from the website.

Does the warranty on my Rivian transfer to the new owner if I sell my vehicle?
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty may be transferred to a new owner. Before selling your vehicle, you or the new owner should contact Customer Service to determine if the existing warranty is transferable.

Will my warranty be void if I take my vehicle to a non-Rivian service location?
Although Rivian does not require all service or repairs be made at a Rivian-authorized repair facility, the New Vehicle Limited Warranty may be voided due to improper maintenance, service or repair.

A full list of warranty exceptions, exclusions and limitations will be located in the Warranty Guide prior to production vehicles being available for purchase.

When does the warranty period start on my Rivian vehicle?
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty begins on the day that your Rivian is delivered to you.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
@eHauler For sure - I may do that if this current effort doesn't pan out. I wanted to avoid that just because I didn't want any complexity to cause additional problems, especially once we get to the real meat of this long process :)

Thanks to all for the quick info about the emails. I'll post back if I get anything interesting back from support other than 'we've fixed it'.

Now how about that warranty? Seems pretty solid! It's transferrable too (per the support page). I especially like that the battery is warrantied for 70% capacity, which helps alleviate some fears over battery aging.
Very true.
Do keep us posted because there may be others in your position.

Crazy warranty, its almost the best term in the industry, either second or third or four to Hyundai and others.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts