Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Vendor
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!
We are a new Vendor to the forum and wanted to touch base with all of you to see what your dream wheels for the R1T or R1S are!
We are working closely with a forged wheel company that is looking to design new Rivian specific wheels for the market, and if we find something everyone likes we may be doing a group buy!
Share your favorite wheel designs that you would love to see made for your Rivian!
Make sure to also us know what your size and color preferences are!

For inspiration, heres a set of 22x9 AGLuxury Aero64 that I loved!

Thanks for looking!

· Registered
526 Posts
Just looking for a set for 20” snow tires that match the offset of the OEM wheels and maintains the same scrub angle with ~ OEM 20” aspect ratio tires. Don’t have to be fancy.
Oh…I would actually have to be able to buy them, too.

View attachment 8283
This. OEM offset in an affordable 20” will sell like crazy for winter tire set ups.

· Registered
526 Posts
Hi All!
We are a new Vendor to the forum and wanted to touch base with all of you to see what your dream wheels for the R1T or R1S are!
We are working closely with a forged wheel company that is looking to design new Rivian specific wheels for the market, and if we find something everyone likes we may be doing a group buy!
Share your favorite wheel designs that you would love to see made for your Rivian!

Thanks for looking!
Why did put AT3’s on a set of 22’s? Can’t off road anywhere that would need AT tires on so little sidewall…Why not a set of efficient highway tires? I guess what I’m getting at why buy an efficient vehicle then put pointless less efficient tires on it?

· Registered
13 Posts
Just looking for a set for 20” snow tires that match the offset of the OEM wheels and maintains the same scrub angle with ~ OEM 20” aspect ratio tires. Don’t have to be fancy.
Oh…I would actually have to be able to buy them, too.

View attachment 8283
From what I've seen, a lot of people are looking to find 20" wheels for a/t and winter tires, w/o the hassle of trying match bore, offset, etc.
I'd sign up for some.

· Registered
1,361 Posts
Hi All!

Thanks for looking!
Welcome @GetYourWheels! Is this your truck or a customer truck?

· Vendor
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · · Business
Thanks for all the feedback!

To answer some of your questions:

Welcome to the forum @GetYourWheels. What is the offset on those wheels? I love how it sits with the body. Always hated wheels that look sunken into the wheel well.
Do you know the size of those tires?
The truck is running 22x9 +45 with 285/55/22 tires, no rubbing at all. They fit about 9mm further out than the OEM wheel setup

From what I've seen, a lot of people are looking to find 20" wheels for a/t and winter tires, w/o the hassle of trying match bore, offset, etc.
I'd sign up for some.
I like those. I wonder how they look in 20"?
Love those 22's. I would definitely be interested and may opt out of my current 22's and go with these.
The wheels are fully custom forged, so they can be built in 20", hubcentric, with the correct bolt pattern, and also to fit OEM centercaps, so let us know if you'd be interested in a set!

Don’t go bigger (as in 22”) go smaller as in nothing larger then a 20” and I would love a set of 17’s with OEM offset.
From our research, it seems like 20" is about the smallest you can most likely fit over the Rivian brakes, 17 or 18" would likely need some kind of small brake conversion if one exists.

or 20” snow tires that match the offset o
This. OEM offset in an affordable 20” will sell like crazy for winter tire set ups.
It seems about 60/40 split between those that want 20 vs 22" right now!

Thanks for supporting the forum! Love those pics.
Thank you! Excited to be here!

Why did put AT3’s on a set of 22’s? Can’t off road anywhere that would need AT tires on so little sidewall…Why not a set of efficient highway tires? I guess what I’m getting at why buy an efficient vehicle then put pointless less efficient tires on it?
I believe the customer did it mostly for the offroad look, a lot of people just like the look and dont plan on offroading the vehicles. But street tires are definitely an option if you wanted something more efficient!

Welcome @GetYourWheels! Is this your truck or a customer truck?
Its our customer's truck, I wish I had one, I have a Tesla right now!

Share some wheel designs you'd be interested to see on the Rivian!

· Registered
526 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback!

To answer some of your questions:

The truck is running 22x9 +45 with 285/55/22 tires, no rubbing at all. They fit about 9mm further out than the OEM wheel setup

The wheels are fully custom forged, so they can be built in 20", hubcentric, with the correct bolt pattern, and also to fit OEM centercaps, so let us know if you'd be interested in a set!

From our research, it seems like 20" is about the smallest you can most likely fit over the Rivian brakes, 17 or 18" would likely need some kind of small brake conversion if one exists.

It seems about 60/40 split between those that want 20 vs 22" right now!

Thank you! Excited to be here!

I believe the customer did it mostly for the offroad look, a lot of people just like the look and dont plan on offroading the vehicles. But street tires are definitely an option if you wanted something more efficient!

Its our customer's truck, I wish I had one, I have a Tesla right now!

Share some wheel designs you'd be interested to see on the Rivian!
I’m planning on pulling the calipers and rotors, selling them and replacing with ~15-16” rotors and appropriately sized calipers so I can fit a 17-18” rim.

· Vendor
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited) · Business
I’m planning on pulling the calipers and rotors, selling them and replacing with ~15-16” rotors and appropriately sized calipers so I can fit a 17-18” rim.
That sounds like a lot of work, very cool! In that case then you should be able to fit smaller wheels, we could have a custom set of 18" forged wheels made for that. They wont be cheap since they're custom forged, but it can be done! Let us know when you're ready!

· Registered
526 Posts
That sounds like a lot of work, very cool! In that case then you should be able to fit smaller wheels, we could have a custom set of 18" forged wheels made for that. They wont be cheap since they're custom forged, but its definitely possible!
From what I can tell Rivian are using a pretty common Bosch braking system with common Brembo calipers. I’ll probably wait until I’m due for a brake fluid exchange (and give the warranty some time) but should be a fairly easy swap, can’t imagine it will take much longer then doing a brake fluid exchange. All this if they ever build the Max pack and I haven’t already bought another EV truck at the time.

· Registered
29 Posts
Hi Jason,
The wheel & tire look awesome, one of my buddies added a Forgiano wheel 22 with TOYO LT/285/50R22 121 118R 10PR to his R1T and it does not rub in any mode. Can you tell me what the wait of each well is and how much they price range is per wheel? The Forgiano's were very expensive about $1550 per wheel. That wheel is very heavy so I'm not excited to add a heavy wheel, please reply.

RIVINiT.

· Registered
10 Posts
Currently on the 21's, unfortunately since I like to drive sporty. I would like a set of 21 or 22 inch wheels that accommodates a good choice of "sport truck" tires. If anyone can recommend a set, please let me know. I got quoted about $1000 per wheel+tire from Rivian, which isn't too bad for the 22's, but their default tire is kinda meh. I'm sure forged 22's are gonna be even more $ tho

1 - 20 of 29 Posts