Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
So want is launch green If the first deliveries are blue?
It is a color that is available only for launch edition vehicles. Customers were not required to order Launch Green, but no where did it say that only blue trucks were delivered. I would imagine that they used the blue one in the shots as it was the first off of the delivery assembly. Pretty simple.

·
Registered
444 Posts
It is a color that is available only for launch edition vehicles. Customers were not required to order Launch Green, but no where did it say that only blue trucks were delivered. I would imagine that they used the blue one in the shots as it was the first off of the delivery assembly. Pretty simple.
Ok. I was just thinking. If you reserved a long time ago and ordered ‘’Launch Green’’. One would think … ok. The ‘’launch green’’ orders would be first. Otherwise. Why even call it Launch?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok. I was just thinking. If you reserved a long time ago and ordered ‘’Launch Green’’. One would think … ok. The ‘’launch green’’ orders would be first. Otherwise. Why even call it Launch?
Because again, it is only available for the initial vehicle build or "launch" period. Even during the initial pre-order period multiple colors were offered. Again, it doesn't have to be the first one, just during the launch period. The launch period is more than one vehicle. One the Launch period is over, that special color will no longer be available as it is not now for orders, only forest green.

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green (8/14/2019 Preorder)
190 Posts
So, are Rivian employees the ones who are now receiving the “earliest deliveries?” Is that my understanding of who is getting vehicles first?

·
Registered
190 Posts
So, are Rivian employees the ones who are now receiving the “earliest deliveries?” Is that my understanding of who is getting vehicles first?
I am a not sure that counts as “deliveries” if you are handing them out to people who are already in the parking lot?!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think many people fully expected that Rivian's earliest employees and backers likely pre-ordered vehicles, and if you were one of those people, you likely had the chance to also pre-order first, so this would not surprise me at all. The difference here is that they have actually been delivered as "customer vehicles that have rolled off the production line". So they can be driven home, sold, serviced, borrowed, beat-on doing truck things, and are generally now out and about in the public domain with full production features. These vehicles would 100% count as the first production vehicles to be delivered to actual paying customers. Who knows what they paid, and not sure that really matters either. The best part about this is that LE deliveries have begun.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think many people fully expected that Rivian's earliest employees and backers likely pre-ordered vehicles, and if you were one of those people, you likely had the chance to also pre-order first, so this would not surprise me at all. The difference here is that they have actually been delivered as "customer vehicles that have rolled off the production line". So they can be driven home, sold, serviced, borrowed, beat-on doing truck things, and are generally now out and about in the public domain with full production features. These vehicles would 100% count as the first production vehicles to be delivered to actual paying customers. Who knows what they paid, and not sure that really matters either. The best part about this is that LE deliveries have begun.
True. It is better than nothing but feels disingenuous.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is better than nothing but feels disingenuous.
Interesting perspective... Not sure we know exactly who got deliveries, and there could be more this week. If you use reservation logic, and these people were the earliest and took the most risk in the early days of the company, they might think it would be disingenuous not to be part of the early deliveries. In a sense, they are also taking away some early delivery risk for everyone else. Doesn't bother me at all if all or some were employees responsible for making these LE deliveries happen. We can't really change when we get ours, so good for them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Interesting perspective... Not sure we know exactly who got deliveries, and there could be more this week. If you use reservation logic, and these people were the earliest and took the most risk in the early days of the company, they might think it would be disingenuous not to be part of the early deliveries. In a sense, they are also taking away some early delivery risk for everyone else. Doesn't bother me at all if all or some were employees responsible for making these LE deliveries happen. We can't really change when we get ours, so good for them.
So if 500 employees get vehicles, that won’t change when we get ours? 1,000 employees? As an IPO investor would I want outside money coming in or subsidized expenses giving vehicles to employees? Are we to believe they had reservations ahead of us while the earliest reservation holders on this forum don’t receive invites while apparently internally prioritized individuals do? Employee could have reserved the day before and they could still make them deliveryv#1 without any accountability to those of us with a three-year cash deposit vs the employee $0 deposit (I don’t know the employee “reservation” process). I simply believe it is disingenuous to claim delivery of product to the public if it ends up being to their own employees who probably had zero deposit costs. I only believe it is logical if we knew the placement of orders and that the distribution wasn’t self-serving. They can do what they want. It is their company. Just don’t call it delivery to the public when the cars go back and forth to their own parking lot.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If 500 people were already in line in front of you, and they paid $1000 like you and me, and some of those 500 are employees, then yes. I have said this before, if you don't like that you have every right to your deposit back, just like all of us. FWIW, I think we will likely see some stories about early "non-employee" LE customers taking delivery this week, so I wouldn't freak out

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just like Tesla did, I'm sure Rivian wants the first trucks in "friendly hands", meaning those that they have a higher level of trust in to not bash the vehicle publicly if it experiences issues. As a brand new vehicle, there are sure to be some issues. Simply inevitable. Having 500+ of them in Rivian Employee hands, odds are, they'll just be able to solve whatever issues may arise behind closed doors.

Not a bad thing, just likely a reality. They'll probably let the first 500 or 1,000, or whatever the number is, rack up a few miles before delivering to non-Rivian related customers.

·
Registered
190 Posts
If 500 people were already in line in front of you, and they paid $1000 like you and me, and some of those 500 are employees, then yes. I have said this before, if you don't like that you have every right to your deposit back, just like all of us. FWIW, I think we will likely see some stories about early "non-employee" LE customers taking delivery this week, so I wouldn't freak out
True.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm happy to see 1st deliveries go to insiders, b/c then they get direct and fast feedback for any initial quality or engineering issues. I'm OK waiting a little longer if that means they have more time to iron out early production issues.
Tesla did/does the same thing. They rolled out the Model 3 by proximity to Fremont, CA, too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.