Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2022 R1T Very Canyon Red
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed in the news that Rivian completed its first deliveries in Canada last week, two vehicles in Vancouver. TWO? I'm driving across the border this afternoon in my R1T... will mine the THIRD Rivian in Canada? (Also, can someone remind me if you can make a right turn on red in Canada? I've forgotten) ;)

· Registered
2022 R1T Very Canyon Red
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had quite a pleasant but protracted conversation at the border (Seaway Bridge/Three Nations Bridge). "Hey, what's that, eh? A Rivan?" The immigration and customs people had never seen a Rivian before. I drew a crowd from the Big House. For a change, they were not interested in me, just the car. The didn't inspect anything, they just wanted to know about range and capacity and driving and comparison with Tesla. Lot's of ooohs and ahhhs, just like in any parking lot conversation. They did ask about where the storage compartments were, but they didn't look at anything. It was nice, weird-a-bit, but even fun.

I do feel a little bit bad about the people behind me on line... sorry, friends, its not my fault. Only about five or six cars though at 6pm.

ELECTRIFY CANADA WORKS! I could not get their janky app to work, but it took my credit card on the 150kw charger, no problem. I've had consistent trouble getting connected to 350kw chargers, but every 150kw I've tried works perfectly. Interesting.

Navigation works up North, except that Electrify Canada is not identified in the Rivan Nav/Amazon Nav database. Thank goodness for WAZE (Where's my AppleCarPlay when I need it?) and ABRP, both of which have Electrify Canada stations and current info. The transition to metric from miles was a push of a button when I was on the bridge... easy peasy.

And yes, you can turn right on red in Canada.

· Registered
Red/Black R1T Adventure, max pack, off-road, 22 Sports.
94 Posts
I had quite a pleasant but protracted conversation at the border (Seaway Bridge/Three Nations Bridge). "Hey, what's that, eh? A Rivan?" The immigration and customs people had never seen a Rivian before. I drew a crowd from the Big House. For a change, they were not interested in me, just the car. The didn't inspect anything, they just wanted to know about range and capacity and driving and comparison with Tesla. Lot's of ooohs and ahhhs, just like in any parking lot conversation. They did ask about where the storage compartments were, but they didn't look at anything. It was nice, weird-a-bit, but even fun.

I do feel a little bit bad about the people behind me on line... sorry, friends, its not my fault. Only about five or six cars though at 6pm.

ELECTRIFY CANADA WORKS! I could not get their janky app to work, but it took my credit card on the 150kw charger, no problem. I've had consistent trouble getting connected to 350kw chargers, but every 150kw I've tried works perfectly. Interesting.

Navigation works up North, except that Electrify Canada is not identified in the Rivan Nav/Amazon Nav database. Thank goodness for WAZE (Where's my AppleCarPlay when I need it?) and ABRP, both of which have Electrify Canada stations and current info. The transition to metric from miles was a push of a button when I was on the bridge... easy peasy.

And yes, you can turn right on red in Canada.
Welcome to Canada. Just don't try to turn right on a red in Quebec - it's illegal there. Heck, had you put a shout out, wherever you ended up you would have had a number of people showing up to for a look-see. Give some feedback to Rivian that you weren't able to see those chargers - it'll help us out before deliveries start happening in earnest up here.

· Registered
2022 R1T Very Canyon Red
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apologies for not advertising... I was in Ottawa only for one day and it was a busy day. I actually didn't take the final decision to drive until Wednesday. That big dump of lake effect snow scared me, and I had an air ticket on reserve. In good weather, it is about two hours faster for me to drive than to fly... and driving is much more virologicaly secure these days! Y'all are welcome to drive down here to Ulster County to take a look-see anytime you want. On parle français ici!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts