Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
R1S
10 Posts
Hi FireDocEM. I’m down around Reading. Close enough to the Lehigh Valley? Only confirmed my R1S order Aug. ‘22 so I imagine I have a looong wait. If local owners ever have a get together, I’d love to be able to swing by and check your vehicles out in person. So much easier than driving to NYC.

· Registered
2 Posts
Here in the Lehigh Valley awaiting delivery of my R1S... in the final "step".
Was anticipating a scheduled pick-up in Brooklyn on Tuesday, but got a message Monday night stating "It wasn't ready".
Have a neighbor who took delivery of his R1S on Tuesday and it looks amazing!!! Looking forward to cruising around the valley soon!!!

· Registered
R1S
10 Posts
Here in the Lehigh Valley awaiting delivery of my R1S... in the final "step".
Was anticipating a scheduled pick-up in Brooklyn on Tuesday, but got a message Monday night stating "It wasn't ready".
Have a neighbor who took delivery of his R1S on Tuesday and it looks amazing!!! Looking forward to cruising around the valley soon!!!
When did you put your deposit down?

· Registered
5 Posts
I'm over in Macungie. Picked up my R1S Dec 3rd at Brooklyn SC...nearly an all day adventure in itself! Very happy with it and only a few minor issues (paint scratch fixed near hood and cracked plastic trim in 2nd row...also replaced). Fit and finish is great. One item I put a ticket in was for the upper tailgate needs some realigning; didn't notice until I got it home. Good luck @Adampaul619.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I too am in "Final Step 8" and was advised "within weeks". I guess I better get my map out for directions to Brooklyn (never been). Probably a big push to deliver before 12/31 Q4 2022 close to meet 25,000 quota.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm over in Macungie. Picked up my R1S Dec 3rd at Brooklyn SC...nearly an all day adventure in itself! Very happy with it and only a few minor issues (paint scratch fixed near hood and cracked plastic trim in 2nd row...also replaced). Fit and finish is great. One item I put a ticket in was for the upper tailgate needs some realigning; didn't notice until I got it home. Good luck @Adampaul619.
How long from completing first 7 steps and VIN assignments to your delivery window?

· Registered
5 Posts
How long from completing first 7 steps and VIN assignments to your delivery window?
From VIN to Pick-up it was about 3 weeks. I completed up to step 6 (insurance?) on the 1st day. Two days later guide got back to me and told me to hold tight on insurance & final payment until they were sure it was at SC and pre-delivery inspection (PDI) was satisfactory. Two+ weeks later I actually got the OK from a SC rep (text message that my vehicle was ready) and said it was fine now to complete step 7 (payment) and step 8 to assign pick-up date. Step 8 didn't become 'live' until I got the message from the SC. From that day it was 3-days until I picked it up.
Once it starts, the timeline moves. Be ready. Especially since they are doing the end of quarter push. Good luck and Congrats!!

PS-I used WAZE on my way to Brooklyn (took us thru Holland Tunnel and across Manhattan), but then took the southern Staten Island route back (hooks under Newark airport). More traffic on way home, but roads in better condition for the R1S.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From VIN to Pick-up it was about 3 weeks. I completed up to step 6 (insurance?) on the 1st day. Two days later guide got back to me and told me to hold tight on insurance & final payment until they were sure it was at SC and pre-delivery inspection (PDI) was satisfactory. Two+ weeks later I actually got the OK from a SC rep (text message that my vehicle was ready) and said it was fine now to complete step 7 (payment) and step 8 to assign pick-up date. Step 8 didn't become 'live' until I got the message from the SC. From that day it was 3-days until I picked it up. Once it starts, the timeline moves. Be ready. Especially since they are doing the end of quarter push. Good luck and Congrats!! PS-I used WAZE on my way to Brooklyn (took us thru Holland Tunnel and across Manhattan), but then took the southern Staten Island route back (hooks under Newark airport). More traffic on way home, but roads in better condition for the R1S.
Very good to know. I did all steps except Step 8. Never been to Brooklyn or drove through NYC so it shall be interesting.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Electricity Gas Electrical wiring Cable Electrical supply

Installing the Rivian Wall Charger ahead of R1S delivery. The supplied directions are not as detailed as should be per a few electricians namely the wire size type and size. Should be #6 thhn and not 6/3 romex on the full 48AMP setting due to high heat concerns.

· Super Moderator
570 Posts
Installing the Rivian Wall Charger ahead of R1S delivery. The supplied directions are not as detailed as should be per a few electricians namely the wire size type and size. Should be #6 thhn and not 6/3 romex on the full 48AMP setting due to high heat concerns.
Aren't 6 AWG Romex and THHN in conduit both rated for 55 amps (normal ambient)? You would certainly want to use conduit for a run along a concrete wall, but if your application was a studded wall, why couldn't you use 6 gauge Romex? I'm not an electrician, so am curious.

· Registered
503 Posts
Aren't 6 AWG Romex and THHN in conduit both rated for 55 amps (normal ambient)? You would certainly want to use conduit for a run along a concrete wall, but if your application was a studded wall, why couldn't you use 6 gauge Romex? I'm not an electrician, so am curious.
No 6 gauge THHN 90c is rated to 75 amps in 3/4 inch conduit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts