Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

What tires are you getting?

• PIRELLI SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON (21" Road)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • PIRELLI SCORPION ZERO ALL SEASON (22" Road)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • PIRELLI SCORPION ALL TERRAIN (20" All-Terrain)

Votes: 5 71.4%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice info on Rivian's Pirelli tires.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Interested to see what poll results are like on these tire options. Mind adding a poll here @Sultanum?
I'd put myself down for Scorpion Verde, don't need anything special.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
134 Posts
I’m 20” AT all the way. My trucks spend a lot of time off the pavement and in snow/ice. I actually wish they had a 19” option, but I can make the 20’s work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
As leaded as my feet are, I'm still buying my R1T to spend as much time off the roads as possible. AT's all day every day.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I want the 20" wheels, but I want the all season tires on them. I'll be spending most of the time on pavement and would prefer a quieter tire with better range.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I want the 20" wheels, but I want the all season tires on them. I'll be spending most of the time on pavement and would prefer a quieter tire with better range.
You're better off with 21's for maximum range and quietness.
22's would be best road handling with a slight reduction in range.

20's are going to be worst of the three for road use. The only reason to get 20's is for available off-road tread patterns in that size. If you don't want aggressive tread then don't get the 20's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You're better off with 21's for maximum range and quietness.
The problems with the 21" are (1) they are the least appealing design, and (2) the tire is an odd size that only Pirelli makes.

22's would be best road handling with a slight reduction in range.
Yes, I know that from reading the Rivian website. Lower profile sidewall tires give better handling at the expense of ride quality. No thanks.

20's are going to be worst of the three for road use. The only reason to get 20's is for available off-road tread patterns in that size. If you don't want aggressive tread then don't get the 20's.
Yes, I know AT tires won't be great on the road, but they won't last for ever. I can replace them with more comfortable, quieter tires any time I want. There are more choices for 20" tires, unlike the 21". The 20" wheels look the best to me and being forged, they are stronger and lighter.

I appreciate the apparent concern you have about my choices.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm thinking to see how quiet these AT's are, and if not quiet enough, get another set of 20" wheels and put street tires on 'em.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Something to keep in mind. You cannot easily swap tires like you can on non-EVs. Tires for EVs need to 'handle' them. Weight, resistance, torque, etc.
As EVs become more popular, the tire options for them will not be far behind.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great idea, I just did it! Sorry I've been a bit busy.
Interested to see what poll results are like on these tire options. Mind adding a poll here @Sultanum?
I'd put myself down for Scorpion Verde, don't need anything special.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts