Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the most blatant marketing campaign targeting their stock price‘s number one issue: production! C’mon inducing kids to maintain the veil of a ‘lifestyle’ company! I love it! Brilliant. More please

Hopefully RJ will use his 8 yo to literally drive the upcoming R1S campaign doing 0-60mph in sub 3sec.

·
Registered
499 Posts
This is the most blatant marketing campaign targeting their stock price‘s number one issue: production! C’mon inducing kids to maintain the veil of a ‘lifestyle’ company! I love it! Brilliant. More please

Hopefully RJ will use his 8 yo to literally drive the upcoming R1S campaign doing 0-60mph in sub 3sec.
Well, if that was the plan... it didn't work out so well for them... stock is at $75 currently.

·
Registered
825 Posts
There is no way to tell whether staged R1Ts for delivery sitting in a lot (in any quantity) actually mean anything. For all we know, those could all be waiting for chips or other parts (although I doubt it), and who is to say whether the amount of staged vehicles shown that are "waiting for delivery" is indicative of any production time period or level of production? The only thing that will matter are the financials and metrics reported to analysts and shareholders during the next earnings call.

I remain optimistic that those vehicles are the tip of the iceberg for mass deliveries starting soon (in MULTIPLE cities). We have seen CA, now SLC and Denver are coming online. I haven't checked the BOS facility, but will check again shortly before an upcoming trip to SLC. Hopefully the simple act of promoting "production" is a meaningful gesture and not just hype.

·
Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
142 Posts
Interesting it is all the same colors. No Red Canyon either. I have almost decided to switch to the Red Canyon, but I need to see more pictures in varying lighting conditions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Automotive paint shops use pretty advanced painting tech, nozzles spinning at 20,000 rpm, etc. They can easily change paint colour from car to car running down the line only a few feet apart.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Nice... at least a genuine vibe with his kids as the "quality inspectors" :)
That and updates from the founder & CEO like this were never a thing and still largely aren't. Aside from Elon Musk, most auto execs are only seen/heard of at major events and through press releases.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are a lot of green R1Ts in the video but I am curious if any are Launch Green. RJ specifically says "Forest Green" but are they all Forest Green, or are some Launch Green?

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is no way to tell whether staged R1Ts for delivery sitting in a lot (in any quantity) actually mean anything. For all we know, those could all be waiting for chips or other parts (although I doubt it), and who is to say whether the amount of staged vehicles shown that are "waiting for delivery" is indicative of any production time period or level of production? The only thing that will matter are the financials and metrics reported to analysts and shareholders during the next earnings call.

I remain optimistic that those vehicles are the tip of the iceberg for mass deliveries starting soon (in MULTIPLE cities). We have seen CA, now SLC and Denver are coming online. I haven't checked the BOS facility, but will check again shortly before an upcoming trip to SLC. Hopefully the simple act of promoting "production" is a meaningful gesture and not just hype.
Biden said today there’s no supply chain issue.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Welcome to the forum. While a message like that coming from POTUS holds some weight, a view we can have some hope in is a longer term one where supply has proven over x amount of time that it's in a positive direction. So i'll keep waiting for those results. Till then all we can do his hope.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Even if that were the case, there would still be labor issues, transportation issues, raw material issues and Covid issues...

Which, in reality all equal lingering supply chain issues.

The thing about a "chain" is that it has many links

1 - 16 of 16 Posts