Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeans Sky Car Tire Vehicle registration plate

It looks like RJ might be starting a media blitz to change the narrative on Rivian's recent issues -- I'm guessing the number 1 goal will be changing the perception on Wall St.

In an inverted with Autoblog, he really focuses on how much work he/the company is doing to get chip suppliers to trust that Rivian is the right horse to back when allocating limited supplies of semiconductors.

It all sounds very plausible to me and it strikes me as a smart move by the leadership to put their cards on the table to explain why things have been tough lately, and explain what they've been doing to try to turn things around.

Fingers crossed it works.

Read the interview here:

·
Banned
473 Posts
View attachment 5531
It looks like RJ might be starting a media blitz to change the narrative on Rivian's recent issues -- I'm guessing the number 1 goal will be changing the perception on Wall St.

In an inverted with Autoblog, he really focuses on how much work he/the company is doing to get chip suppliers to trust that Rivian is the right horse to back when allocating limited supplies of semiconductors.

It all sounds very plausible to me and it strikes me as a smart move by the leadership to put their cards on the table to explain why things have been tough lately, and explain what they've been doing to try to turn things around.

Read the interview here:
The sinking values of the company must be high on the list of things to address. Everybody is watching too

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
If semiconductors are limiting their production, currently, then imagine how bad product quality would be if they weren't parts-constrained. It's already a bit disappointing to see the numerous examples that have made it into customer hands and should never have passed QC. If they were building more trucks then things would be even worse.

Some will jump and say "new manufacturer, so problems are expected". Sure. But Rivian also made a point to say they were going to be different, delayed deliveries to "ensure quality" (June 2021), and then delayed non-affiliated customer deliveries to have an employee-only period (November 2021) that many consider a "beta" test. So I'm a little less willing to accept the issues we're seeing.

·
Banned
473 Posts
If semiconductors are limiting their production, currently, then imagine how bad product quality would be if they weren't parts-constrained. It's already a bit disappointing to see the numerous examples that have made it into customer hands and should never have passed QC. If they were building more trucks then things would be even worse.

Some will jump and say "new manufacturer, so problems are expected". Sure. But Rivian also made a point to say they were going to be different, delayed deliveries to "ensure quality" (June 2021), and then delayed non-affiliated customer deliveries to have an employee-only period (November 2021) that many consider a "beta" test. So I'm a little less willing to accept the issues we're seeing.
QC should be Job number One, for a new company trying to make a splash

·
Registered
11 Posts
QC should be Job number One, for a new company trying to make a splash
You'd think, but if that were the case, Tesla would never have made it lol. Agree though, with the huge price increase and lacking the 'cult following' of Tesla, they need to avoid as much bad press as possible. With such a low production, you'd think QC wouldn't be as much of an issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
View attachment 5531

Read the interview here:
If Rivian kept everyone better informed it would go a long way. Hopefully they will give updates more often.

·
Registered
89 Posts
View attachment 5531

Read the interview here:
Here you go for Youtube link

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts