Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RJ Scaringe was a guest on the Daily Drive Podcast and shared some interesting stuff about Rivian.

Some things he talks about include:

• Rivian is going through production pilot runs. They are currently doing a 16 vehicle production run
  • Things are good to go for a Q2 launch
  • Another vehicle variant should come in the next 12 months
  • They will be launching their own insurance options
  • You will be able to test drive a R1S or R1T from your home
  • 41 service centers in the next 9 months, including mobile service
You can listen to the whole thing here:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be nice to know if any of these relate to the Canadian counterparts (esp service centers etc)
I would have to think the plan would be similar in Canada as well. Unless there's different rules/regulations I'm not aware of I don't see them doing something different for Canada.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would have to think the plan would be similar in Canada as well. Unless there's different rules/regulations I'm not aware of I don't see them doing something different for Canada.
Yeah makes sense I think reading along they actually have a tech office in Vancouver here so hopefully will be the same. Just too bad our dollar is s**te considering its a high price tag item with minimal gov’t funding, that one’s gonna hurt lol

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah makes sense I think reading along they actually have a tech office in Vancouver here so hopefully will be the same. Just too bad our dollar is s**te considering its a high price tag item with minimal gov’t funding, that one’s gonna hurt lol
Vancouver seems to be where Rivian has their vehicle management and software teams.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts