released their 2020 Person of the Year list and not only did RJ Scaringe make it in the top 50, he finished third behind Kumar Galhotra, president of Ford North America, and Peter Schreyer, president, Head of Design Management for Hyundai.
The top 10 list finished as follows:
- 10. Alan Bethke, Senior VP of Marketing, Subaru of America. 2019: Unranked
- 9. Mate Rimac, Founder, Rimac Automobili. 2019: Unranked
- 8. Charles Gordon-Lennox, Founder, Goodwood Festival of Speed and Goodwood Revival. 2019: Unranked
- 7. Roger Penske, Founder and Chairman, Penske Corporation. 2019: Unranked
- 6. Mary Barra, Chairwoman and CEO, General Motors. 2019: 11
- 5. David Woodhouse, VP Of Nissan Design America, Nissan. 2019: 22
- 4. Tadge Juechter, Corvette Chief Engineer, General Motors. 2019: Unranked
- 3. RJ Scaringe, Founder and CEO, Rivian Automotive. 2019: Unranked
- 2. Kumar Galhotra, President, Ford North America. 2019: Unranked
- 1. Peter Schreyer, President, Head of Design Management, Hyundai Motor Group. 2019: 33
Here's what they wrote for Scaringe:
The super-cool R1S electric SUV and R1T EV pickup are scheduled to start production next year, and Scaringe, an MIT-educated engineer, is making his skateboard platform available to others interested in his tech. That includes Ford and its $500 million investment, which will net the Blue Oval an electric SUV.
Oh and for those who are wondering, Elon Musk finished 24th.