Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nposkus: I think your question was directed to ipadl, who posted a picture of the Yakima, so maybe ipadl can answer.

Commodore: why did you go with the flush mount 1Up? I spoke to 1Up and they aren't sure about fitment because the vehicle is so new.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Commodore: I have the 1Up hitch mount. I can't convert it to a roof mount, so I'll be buying a roof mount. The flush mount uses allen bolts as I understand it, while the other options use 1Up's locking nut. That's why I was curious about the flush mount approach.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well I never got my crossbars with my R1T. Called customer service. Two days later crossbars showed up. Perfect! I was ready to install my black 1UP roof rack with the flush mount kit.

Something is wrong. The two carriage bolts provided by 1UP do not slide into the channel on the bottom of the 1Up rack. There is no damage on the rack at all. Not sure if there is too much powder coating in the channel, but I don't think that's the case because its too tight; can't even get them started in the channel.

Carriage bolts too big? Did you folks notice if those two bolts easily slid through the channel?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts