Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We were expecting to pick up our RT1 tomorrow by due to the forecast storm our delivery has been canceled. Anyone else expecting to pick up there RT1 this week in Vancouver?
Well shortly after the call with my Guide saying they had to cancel delivery due the the storm he called back and said guess what we are going to be able to make this happen before Christmas as planned. We picked up our forest green launch edition with 20” all terrains. I just finish a 1600km journey north to Terrace BC. Road conditions were great for testing out this beauties sure-footedness. All I have to say is wow. What a dream come true.!.
Welcome @mtnfly, how far back did you order your Rivian? Did you by any chance stop by to check out your Rivian before it was ready for delivery?
Ordered Nov 2018

· Registered
1 Posts
We were expecting to pick up our RT1 tomorrow by due to the forecast storm our delivery has been canceled.

Anyone else expecting to pick up there RT1 this week in Vancouver?
Do you mind if I ask you how your trade in experience went? Do you feel you got a fair offer? Also do you mind sharing what interest rate you got offered for financing?

· Registered
9 Posts
Do you mind if I ask you how your trade in experience went? Do you feel you got a fair offer? Also do you mind sharing what interest rate you got offered for financing?
I can say from my side, trade in wasn’t the best, but based on the “ease” of the process it was alright. I wasn’t able to enter my options on my vehicle from the manufacturer that cost a fair bit. I feel should have been a couple grand higher, but one again, overall good experience.

Interest rate at the time was 7.49…I was able to get a better rate from my bank.

· Registered
1 Posts
Well shortly after the call with my Guide saying they had to cancel delivery due the the storm he called back and said guess what we are going to be able to make this happen before Christmas as planned. We picked up our forest green launch edition with 20” all terrains. I just finish a 1600km journey north to Terrace BC. Road conditions were great for testing out this beauties sure-footedness. All I have to say is wow. What a dream come true.!. Ordered Nov 2018
Could you provide some details on your journey from Vancouver to Terrace? What chargers did you stop at? How long did it take etc. Looking to make a similar trip

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could you provide some details on your journey from Vancouver to Terrace? What chargers did you stop at? How long did it take etc. Looking to make a similar trip
I primarily used the BC hydro DC fast charger 50kw network on the trip north of Kamloops. I did experience a couple of charging issues but ensuring you have enough range to skip ahead to the next charger reduced the pressure to charge if the station didn’t seem to want to connect properly. It seems like the vehicle would kick itself off the Bc hydro charger and have to be manually reset once in a while. I did call Hydro at one point and they said the Rivian isn’t even in their system so that would probably explain why we are having these random connection errors. We overnighted in Prince George and charged at the Free 8kw station at the GM dealer.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How far in advance did you get your ‘ready to start’ email? I am scheduled for Feb/March and wondering.
From the time I got the first email to delivery was about a week and a half. There was a couple hiccups with the way I registered it in my business, but other than that it it was a very guided process that worked beautifully.

· Registered
3 Posts
From the time I got the first email to delivery was about a week and a half. There was a couple hiccups with the way I registered it in my business, but other than that it it was a very guided process that worked beautifully.
Cool. Thanks. If you are on Facebook, please join the Rivian Canada Owners group. We only have 1 owner so far - he is from the island and has an R1T. Mine is scheduled for Feb/March so lots of excitement coming.

· Registered
5 Posts
I ordered my R1T in mid February 2019. My delivery window is Jan/Feb. I did a test drive a couple of weeks ago. I've had no contact from Rivian since. It would be nice if we had some more insights on delivery process in BC, but it's been 4 years and the wait is almost over, so I will continue to be patient. Can anyone comment on ICBC (insurance) rates on the R1T, and fees like freight/delivery, etc for BC deliveries?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts