Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t believe I’ve seen two different white R1Ts now here in San Diego within a week. I guess that’s a good sign we are getting deliveries in this area. My delivery is scheduled for Sept/Oct and I also have a white on order.

would love to hear how you’ve been liking it and how delivery experience was here in San Diego.

I took a picture but blurred the plate. I saw this over in PB/La Jolla area

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
37 Posts
Point Loma. Launch Green. Dec 2020 pre-order. Delivery was a joy back in mid-May, and my first service appointment is next week for a few panel alignment niggles. Sometimes i feel the urge to walk to my window just to stare at the thing - it's that nice. I see a white one around here, a black one, and a real nice dark grey. Oh and another launch green too. We wave ☺

Enjoy your big day when it comes!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got am email introducing my guide, Matt. Confirmed my configuration, SD Silver(Sorry LA, LOL), BM interior, 21”, Adventure Pack, racks, power tonneau. Matt was great, very helpful, told me to expect an email from Rivian about purchase steps in a couple weeks . Amazing so, the next day I got the email to start the purchase with a vin #. Called Matt, left a message, he got back to me right away. He said my RT1 was already built and would be shipped out soon by train. The expectEd delivery date is early in the 2nd week in August. Asked Matt if this RT was a rejected one and he confirmed it was not. Super stoked and just wanted to throw a positive story out there and give Matt and Rivian kudos for their great service and coming through with my awesome new truck…and no it is not for sale….San Diego rules LOL

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got am email introducing my guide, Matt. Confirmed my configuration, SD Silver(Sorry LA, LOL), BM interior, 21”, Adventure Pack, racks, power tonneau. Matt was great, very helpful, told me to expect an email from Rivian about purchase steps in a couple weeks . Amazing so, the next day I got the email to start the purchase with a vin #. Called Matt, left a message, he got back to me right away. He said my RT1 was already built and would be shipped out soon by train. The expectEd delivery date is early in the 2nd week in August. Asked Matt if this RT was a rejected one and he confirmed it was not. Super stoked and just wanted to throw a positive story out there and give Matt and Rivian kudos for their great service and coming through with my awesome new truck…and no it is not for sale….San Diego rules LOL
Congrats! Mine is supposed to arrive in San Diego today and then they will prep it for delivery and call me. It’s hard to be patient and wait!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey everyone. My guide tells me I’m about three to four weeks out. Paid in full for my Rivian Blue R1T yesterday and I’m looking forward to this new experience. I owned the first Tesla Roadster, and I own a Model 3 Performance today, though I’ll likely sell it when the Rivian arrives.

I’m based in San Diego and I’m looking forward to spending more time out in the wilderness with the new truck. If there are owners in San Diego interested in maybe hitting some trails this fall / winter, please let me know. It would be great to connect.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey everyone. My guide tells me I’m about three to four weeks out. Paid in full for my Rivian Blue R1T yesterday and I’m looking forward to this new experience. I owned the first Tesla Roadster, and I own a Model 3 Performance today, though I’ll likely sell it when the Rivian arrives.

I’m based in San Diego and I’m looking forward to spending more time out in the wilderness with the new truck. If there are owners in San Diego interested in maybe hitting some trails this fall / winter, please let me know. It would be great to connect.
Awesome. I have Launch Green but the blue is for sure the best color! I just saw one at the service center and couldn't stop looking at it! I also feel the same about my truck though - 3 months in :D I'd be down for some trails. I have Oriflamme on my todo list. I usually only run that truck trail up to the Sunrise Highway, but now I'm finally equipped to drive it!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts

Great to know we'll have another Rivian Blue R1T around here. Did you consider any other exterior colors? What interior color did you go with?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

Congrats @Pab5482 and welcome to the forum! What sold you on ordering a R1T?

How long did you own your Roadster for and what was it like?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Awesome. I have Launch Green but the blue is for sure the best color! I just saw one at the service center and couldn't stop looking at it! I also feel the same about my truck though - 3 months in :D I'd be down for some trails. I have Oriflamme on my todo list. I usually only run that truck trail up to the Sunrise Highway, but now I'm finally equipped to drive it!
Love the Launch Green - which they still did it! How has your experience been over the 3 months? Let’s stay in touch and figure out a trail like Oriflamme some time soon. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats @Pab5482 and welcome to the forum! What sold you on ordering a R1T?

How long did you own your Roadster for and what was it like?
Thanks @R99. Long answer which I’ll try to keep short. I’ve worked in clean tech for 12 years, hence my support for startups like Rivian and back in the day, Tesla. My roadster was too small, and the interior was awful. But mechanically it was fantastic, and really quick for its time. I guess the other reason for my R1T decision is tesla’s continued failure to deliver the Cybertruck. I love the outdoors and carry a lot of gear, and the R1T will replace my Model 3 Performance and my Tacoma. I love the 2-in-1 possibilities with this truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great to know we'll have another Rivian Blue R1T around here. Did you consider any other exterior colors? What interior color did you go with?
Hi @eHauler. I thought about the Limestone but after seeing one in the wild, it had too much pale blue in it, at least for my eyes. I picked the black interior since I’m planning on getting this thing dirty. Sounds like you’re based in SD. What color do you drive? I’ll keep an eye out for you =)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Thanks @R99. Long answer which I’ll try to keep short. I’ve worked in clean tech for 12 years, hence my support for startups like Rivian and back in the day, Tesla. My roadster was too small, and the interior was awful. But mechanically it was fantastic, and really quick for its time. I guess the other reason for my R1T decision is tesla’s continued failure to deliver the Cybertruck. I love the outdoors and carry a lot of gear, and the R1T will replace my Model 3 Performance and my Tacoma. I love the 2-in-1 possibilities with this truck.
Sounds like the R1T is the right fit for you! At this point it's anyone's guess if/when the Cybertruck actually becomes a reality.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got it picked up! Really awesome truck. Can't believe it finally happened. Super seamless experience. Aside from a few small issues they will address later, everything is great with the truck.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats! Love to see pictures if you have a moment.
Yeah No problem. I immediately took off the hun caps and put new center caps, adding the yellow logo. I also out PPF on the door sills and Mayte screen protectors on. I put both sets of crossbars in prep of my roof top tent.

move been surfing every morning since I got it and it’s been great. I just need to figure out a nice solution for a shower that takes advantage of features of the truck!
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah No problem. I immediately took off the hun caps and put new center caps, adding the yellow logo. I also out PPF on the door sills and Mayte screen protectors on. I put both sets of crossbars in prep of my roof top tent.

move been surfing every morning since I got it and it’s been great. I just need to figure out a nice solution for a shower that takes advantage of features of the truck!
View attachment 7553

View attachment 7554
Nice rig! Why am I jealous of the White now? I had White in my configurator until I had a First Drive in the Launch Green and it just seemed very "me". But every time see a different color on the street, I kinda want that instead. What a spoiled little brat :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice rig! Why am I jealous of the White now? I had White in my configurator until I had a First Drive in the Launch Green and it just seemed very "me". But every time see a different color on the street, I kinda want that instead. What a spoiled little brat :ROFLMAO:
haha, yes, I feel the same, trust me. I really like the El Cap Granite and kind of wish I had that at times...but I do like the white. Too bad we can't just change colors on the fly. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems like Rivian is finally pushing deliveries to San Diego. Up until last week, I'd seen a grand total of three out on the streets. I'm now seeing one or two nearly every day.

It is not helping me wait for my R1S LOL.
Seems like Rivian is finally pushing deliveries to San Diego. Up until last week, I'd seen a grand total of three out on the streets. I'm now seeing one or two nearly every day.

It is not helping me wait for my R1S LOL.
Starting to see a lot of R1S deliveries around the country but none in SD yet. Drove by the Rivian SC in SD this week - about 15 R1T - 0 R1S.

Hope we start seeing R1S in SD soon! I’m ready for mine too!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts