Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
As thorough, deliberate, (and slow) that Rivian has been conducting consumer surveys and feedback, one would hope that they learned which operations should be knobs, levers and switches and which functions are OK to put on the screen, potentially buried in multiple menus. Living in Phx, we need windscreen wipers so rarely that I often forget how to turn them on in my 2014 Model S (auto sensing rain isn't great). When it suddenly rains hard, you need them immediately, don't want to dig through screen menus to find wipers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
At 3:42-3:47 in the Motor Trend video, it is possible to see the stalk on the left side of the steering wheel. I can't quite see if it has wiper capability (hope so). At the very least it's a conventional turn signal stalk and not the inductive touch pads that are on the new Plaid model S yoke.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Current Model 3 owner here, and don't care if I'm voicing the minority opinion here... I love the Model 3 interface. It's function, modern, and oh by the way... Always getting better! If I wanted a static product that harkens back to 1995, I'd drive a Porsche. I'm thrilled Rivian followed Tesla's lead here. Kudos!
Agreed!! Love the model 3 interface. If Rivian is able to further the change I will be a happy camper

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would probably go for a higher-end model. But, the real test is sitting in it and experiencing it, so no decisions for a while.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts