Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if people are finding the seats comfortable. I'm 6' 6" so I'm certainly nowhere near average but the seat is a huge disappointment for me. My shoulder blades rub against all the different contoured panels below the headrest. I've tried a towel folded over 4 times and also jamming a small perspex strip under the metal trim all to no avail.

Is there some quick way to soften the vegan leather and foam.

·
Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
231 Posts
Seat comfort is longer than the battery range, so to me they are good. That is definitely a benefit to EV travel in my eyes, you are basically forced to take a break and a stretch every few hours.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm wondering if people are finding the seats comfortable. I'm 6' 6" so I'm certainly nowhere near average but the seat is a huge disappointment for me. My shoulder blades rub against all the different contoured panels below the headrest. I've tried a towel folded over 4 times and also jamming a small perspex strip under the metal trim all to no avail.

If you're 6'-6", you likely have all sorts of "size" issues. I'm 6'-2" and find the seats pretty comfortable, but I have issues in my wives Supra.
Possibly try a padded seat cover

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I went on a medium-length road trip, this weekend. (~600 miles) and I will revise my comments to say the seats could use improvement. I start to squirm after about an hour. They're not terrible... But I really missed my Volvo seats on that trip.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm 6'4, 260lbs and I was surprised at how much room I had initially, but as I'm settling in and have gone on 3 long-ish trips, I'm starting to feel it! The panel hits my left upper arm when I try to put my elbow on the window ledge. But what bothers me most is the angle my butt sits in the seat....like I'm leaning towards the middle of the truck. I don't know if it's because of my legs (left isn't as extended as the right) or something else, but when I'm turning left I feel like I'm going to fall into the passenger seat. VERY annoying

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm 6'4, 260lbs and I was surprised at how much room I had initially, but as I'm settling in and have gone on 3 long-ish trips, I'm starting to feel it! The panel hits my left upper arm when I try to put my elbow on the window ledge. But what bothers me most is the angle my butt sits in the seat....like I'm leaning towards the middle of the truck. I don't know if it's because of my legs (left isn't as extended as the right) or something else, but when I'm turning left I feel like I'm going to fall into the passenger seat. VERY annoying
I do exactly the same! I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts