Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys are missing the point. All I asked was if anyone had accomplished this. The reason is on me, love the ..... answers.
Mostly when working and driving short distances, not even on a road, it is easier to just get in drive 100 or two hundred feet and get out.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
You guys are missing the point. All I asked was if anyone had accomplished this. The reason is on me, love the ..... answers.
Mostly when working and driving short distances, not even on a road, it is easier to just get in drive 100 or two hundred feet and get out.
If you really didn't want to wear the seatbelt, then for 100-200 feet the chime shouldn't be that annoying.

But you do you. I'm out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm with Swanson. I can spend half a day driving around on a 15 acre parcel between 10 different projects. Hauling tools, material and crew. Never exceeding 5 mph on private roads sometimes paved, mostly not. Yeah it might only be a 2 min. drive - but multiple that time 30 or 50 times in a day... Don't jump to the conclusion all trucks are on public roads all the time driving 25 to 75 mph. I don't have an answer to the OP, but I sure appreciate learning one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm with Swanson. I can spend half a day driving around on a 15 acre parcel between 10 different projects. Hauling tools, material and crew. Never exceeding 5 mph on private roads sometimes paved, mostly not. Yeah it might only be a 2 min. drive - but multiple that time 30 or 50 times in a day... Don't jump to the conclusion all trucks are on public roads all the time driving 25 to 75 mph. I don't have an answer to the OP, but I sure appreciate learning one.
You noticed that we received not one constructive answer.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm with the OP. I hate the seat belt chime, I've turned it off in all the cars I've owned. But I do wear my seat belt!

In some cars, though probably not the R1's, you can turn it off by repeatedly inserting and releasing the buckle, like 8 or 10 times, in rapid succession ...

·
Registered
598 Posts
There is NO answer because the chime is REQUIRED by FMVSS safety standards. No vehicle sold currently in the USA can have the option to delete this feature. It is like back up cameras. They were required as of 2019. No exceptions.

So, to answer your question DIRECTLY, you have 2 options...
1) Ignore the noise and continue to drive your less than 5 mph multiple stops tending the ranches...
2) Put your seat belt on.

To quote Sean Connery in the movie "Untouchables", "Here endith the lesson."

·
Registered
32 Posts
Problem solved:

Car Keychain Safe Accessories Part Clip for Sound NO Noise Sound CAR Keychain Beige (it’s not pink)
Note (learned this today using it for first time): you need to take it out of the belt when you park. Otherwise even if you leave the vehicle, lock it and all your keys are away from it - the Rivian thinks you are buckled in and the stereo and screens stay on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts