Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody in the East TN area interested in co-owning (co-buying) a Rivian R1T Launch edition all electric pick-up with me?

Must have good credit and some borrowing power (or lots o cash). We would have to move fast. Truck is ready.

·
Registered
174 Posts
@Timmyd68, I think @CommodoreAmiga was just saying it sounds like a bad idea, not whether it's possible or not. I can see so many issues with this. Such as how do you break down costs? Like that article brings out, what about road trips, days where someone used it extra. What if you want to tint windows but other doesn't? What if you can't agree on the tint darkenss? What about maintenance? Tires? Say you want more performance tires, he wants straight off-road tires. What about small blemishes/scratches? Cars can be such a personal item, I just don't see how this can work out well without a lot of issues down the line.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
324 Posts
Sounds like some one who is now faced with having to sign on the dotted line and a $1200 / month payment may not be in the cards.
Honestly, if life happens and you cannot afford the car, the smart choice IMO is to buy and sell immediately after. The person seems to genuinely be trying to keep the car. But I agree with the previous comments, sharing a car with someone you don't know looks like a bad idea. Even with a friend would not be trivial, but friends can figure out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Honestly, if life happens and you cannot afford the car, the smart choice IMO is to buy and sell immediately after. The person seems to genuinely be trying to keep the car. But I agree with the previous comments, sharing a car with someone you don't know looks like a bad idea. Even with a friend would not be trivial, but friends can figure out.
Yeah, that's what I would do, or if that's hard to swing sell the reservation. It seems people are even able to do that for a decent price.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
615 Posts
OP booted. Thread locked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.