Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still fully customizable, haven't been contacted by guide yet.

Message me with serious offers $10k and above.

And no, I don't feel bad about selling a reservation for a car I can no longer afford in a capitalist society to someone who has money and doesn't want to wait years to get it.

·
Registered
4 Posts

And no, I don't feel bad about selling a reservation for a car I can no longer afford in a capitalist society to someone who has money and doesn't want to wait years to get it.
I guess you missed the email about price increase?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes. Ford Lightning deposit/reservation was never transferable (I tried to transfer to my daughter, but no luck). I was surprised Rivian was not keeping it to the original person. I suspect they will likely clamp down on this as, while they are biting the bullet on long time order people (or actually fairly current order people too), they likely would like to lose as little money as possible and not have any late comers get the "discount".

·
Registered
114 Posts
During a chat today, I was advised that it was not transferable and they would not sell it to anyone but the original reserver. But....it's super easy to change the contact info in the account.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Except for the fact that preorder reservations aren't transferable or assignable. I suppose, therefore, that what you're offering is that you will take delivery and then sell to a buyer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Except for the fact that preorder reservations aren't transferable or assignable. I suppose, therefore, that what you're offering is that you will take delivery and then sell to a buyer.
Their policy prohibits it, but their system seems to make it easy. I regrettably sold my reservation between the two announcements, and when I reached out to see if I could somehow get back on the list, the answer was no but they wouldn't sell the truck I reserved to anyone but me. All contact info in the account was changed upon sale, but I'm still getting emails from Rivian. At this point, it looks like I'll be settling for a Model Y Performance, possibly followed by a Lightning next year. I should have been more patient, but I was pissed!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts