Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Rivian has or plans to have sentry-like mode in its vehicles? Hearing about Tesla haters, I imagine there's going to be a number of Rivian haters who are ICE truck goonies that think an EV truck is evil. I'd like some level of surveillance in case they try some funny business with my vehicle.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
218 Posts
I hear the concern but other than Tesla who has this feature? I hope they leave things like this and summon until after everything else is perfect.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
218 Posts
Perfection is the enemy of good. I hope they have it at launch. If not at launch, then soon after.
I hear you. What I am referring to is build quality, battery management, Driver assistance features etc etc. The things that are in almost every 80k vehicle today. Sentry is fine but will it stop me from getting my R1S definitely not.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Does anyone know if Rivian has or plans to have sentry-like mode in its vehicles? Hearing about Tesla haters, I imagine there's going to be a number of Rivian haters who are ICE truck goonies that think an EV truck is evil. I'd like some level of surveillance in case they try some funny business with my vehicle.
I've asked Rivian CS this question multiple times. The latest was last month. When I give them examples and I press them for details like will the recordings from the onboard, external cameras be available for later playback and/or download, whether car is moving or parked, they had no further information either to give or simply did not know. Just another topic and a set of security capabilities I'm eager to get more information about minimally for reasons you stated not too mention when involved in an accident which obviously can occur while the vehicle is moving or stationary and whether someone is in the vehicle or not.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I've asked Rivian CS this question multiple times. The latest was last month. When I give them examples and I press them for details like will the recordings from the onboard, external cameras be available for later playback and/or download, whether car is moving or parked, they had no further information either to give or simply did not know. Just another topic and a set of security capabilities I'm eager to get more information about minimally for reasons you stated not too mention when involved in an accident which obviously can occur while the vehicle is moving or stationary and whether someone is in the vehicle or not.
No luck on my end either, but they did mention Gear Guard: "That is a great question. Details related to our security systems have not been announce, but will be in the months to come. The R1T does have a unique feature called Gear Guard - a camera that is used to view the truck bed."

I posted about it here when we first found out:

·
Registered
13 Posts
The owners manual reveals Gear Guard video that records the truck (or rear on the SUV) camera and peripheral cameras when motion is detected or other conditions are triggered

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would really like to see video recording capability when driving. This is a key safety feature in driving technology in this day and age. I know of two instances with our Tesla, and also a friend’s, where video at an accident scene was used to defend against a false accusation about who was at fault.
It would seem to be really simple to record off the cameras.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts