Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
R1T was delivered Friday (2 Sept.) afternoon.
Saturday afternoon the "Service Suspension System Soon" message popped up on the dash; the little red icon is still there.
97 miles on the vehicle!

Has anyone else had an experience such as this? How did it get resolved?

I really like the truck so far, but this is a bit disconcerting...

Thanks for any information --
C.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Saturday afternoon the "Service Suspension System Soon" message popped up on the dash; the little red icon is still there.
97 miles on the vehicle!

C.
I have had a couple of 'ghost alerts' which went away after the truck was asleep over night. Put in a ticket and see what happens. BTW: the one thing that actually needed work, sensors, a mobile unit came out and took care of...way cool
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
22 Posts
97 miles on the vehicle!

C.
Just curious, did you try soft reset? Notice any suspension noises or maybe an air leak noise?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Soft reset? I'll have to look that up... No air leak noise, but I don't know if the sounds on the dirt roads (it's been raining for two days, they're getting a bit lumpy in places) are normal or not, they mostly sound like a truck making its way down a dirt road...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this error pop up last Saturday. I'm not sure if it is coincidental, but it happened after my truck updated to the most recent software with camp mode. I experimented with camp mode and prepared to go camping next weekend and then after about 5 miles of driving I got this error. Since, it resets after the car goes to sleep for a while and then comes back after I drive at 50 mph + for about 5 minutes. I called Rivian support and they had me do a soft reset which didn't fix the issue. In the end, they said I needed to take it into a service center. I just dropped it off yesterday and the techs said that it was a failed ASM module which apparently manages the hardware / software to keep the truck level. They weren't sure if it was corrupted during the software update or not and said they would send the failed module back to engineering so they could root cause whatever happened to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had this error pop up last Saturday. I'm not sure if it is coincidental, but it happened after my truck updated to the most recent software with camp mode. I experimented with camp mode and prepared to go camping next weekend and then after about 5 miles of driving I got this error. Since, it resets after the car goes to sleep for a while and then comes back after I drive at 50 mph + for about 5 minutes. I called Rivian support and they had me do a soft reset which didn't fix the issue. In the end, they said I needed to take it into a service center. I just dropped it off yesterday and the techs said that it was a failed ASM module which apparently manages the hardware / software to keep the truck level. They weren't sure if it was corrupted during the software update or not and said they would send the failed module back to engineering so they could root cause whatever happened to it.
The message appeared on my truck before the latest software update, and hasn't gone away since it appeared on Saturday.
I'll try -- again -- to get some attention from Rivian Support about what the next steps are. I'm told there is a mobile service tech about 40 miles from me, but the nearest service center is 200+ miles.

Thanks for the reply --

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had this happen a couple days ago. Had the R1T for about a week. I had been driving for about 10 minutes. It only stayed visible for about 30 seconds before it disappeared. Hasn't come back since then. Not sure if I should open a ticket since it's not visible any more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had this happen a couple days ago. Had the R1T for about a week. I had been driving for about 10 minutes. It only stayed visible for about 30 seconds before it disappeared. Hasn't come back since then. Not sure if I should open a ticket since it's not visible any more.
This happened to me 2 days ago but didn't have time to hit the hazard button to record it. I opened the service ticket same day for it plus the ticking/clicking noise that started this week which seems to come from the suspension when i initially accelerating or decelerating to stop. I got a call from the SC yesterday to get more info about the issue and hopefully soon they'll call with with the service plan. I believe there are others who are reporting the same thing. I only have a little over 2500 miles so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts