Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I read somewhere here that Rivian will do a show in San Francisco area this fall. Any word on this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is the plan. The e-mail was ATL, Seattle, and SF...I assume it will be by the end of the year.

In the original e-mail, Rivian says, "...We're heading to Atlanta, Seattle, and San Francisco next. More details to follow, including dates and how to RSVP. Can't make it? We have exciting things in store for 2020. Stay tuned to hear about future events."

That underlined italicized portion leads me to believe that all three of those events were planned for 2019. Obviously ATL and Seattle have already happened. Here's to hoping that San Fran happens soon. I know my wife is chomping at the bit to go to SF even if it is by herself.

...This deployment needs to hurry up and end already.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It was planned for 2019. But Rivian later announced it would be in 2020, with a date TBD (to be determined). I've seen nothing more recent than that.

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks @davrow_R1T for checking. I didn't locate any official announcement either.

FWIW, I consider an official announcement to either be directly from Rivian (e.g. email, website, social media, interviews, etc.) or credible news/media sources. Forum posts as we all know can contain a lot of conjecture. In my own way to not add to that conjecture I try to only consider a forum post on Rivian announcements credible if it cites a credible source.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks @davrow_R1T for checking. I didn't locate any official announcement either.

FWIW, I consider an official announcement to either be directly from Rivian (e.g. email, website, social media, interviews, etc.) or credible news/media sources. Forum posts as we all know can contain a lot of conjecture. In my own way to not add to that conjecture I try to only consider a forum post on Rivian announcements credible if it cites a credible source.
No official announcement yet, but I expect we will be hearing from them this week or next. The event "may occur shortly after the holiday season."

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just received an email from Rivian. The San Francisco event has been officially moved to 2020. The date is January 25 and 26th. The even is free to the public and will feature the R1T and R1S. The email indicated more information on the exact location and how to RSVP will come later.

1576193999001.png

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just received an email from Rivian. The San Francisco event has been officially moved to 2020. The date is January 25 and 26th. The even is free to the public and will feature the R1T and R1S. The email indicated more information on the exact location and how to RSVP will come later.

View attachment 126
Awesome news! Is anyone going to try and go to this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have registered for upcoming bay area Rivian meeting and received confirmation but no details such as hours, process, but did say where. Anyone get more detail?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have registered for upcoming bay area Rivian meeting and received confirmation but no details such as hours, process, but did say where. Anyone get more detail?
Are you referring to the one that's happening on the 25th/26th?

Apparently the hours are Jan 25 | 12-8pm & Jan 26 | 12-6pm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Went Saturday, Well attended. Both S and T roped off but doors open. They were preproduction(door handles not final design,,,etc) but build looks good, Lots of staff to answer questions but most info still not released. (no AM radio for the rest of you fellow sports geeks,,] The president(RC) and fam there and talked with all interested individuals. I guess he told press prices may soften slightly. Was fun.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Went Saturday, Well attended. Both S and T roped off but doors open. They were preproduction(door handles not final design,,,etc) but build looks good, Lots of staff to answer questions but most info still not released. (no AM radio for the rest of you fellow sports geeks,,] The president(RC) and fam there and talked with all interested individuals. I guess he told press prices may soften slightly. Was fun.
I find that the info online tells you everything and more than Rivian reps are willing to disclose. Its been impossible to get them to speak.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts