Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my recent experience on my past repair on my R1T and a new service request within the past two months. Knowing going into buying a new model electric truck from a new company, the overall experience has been great. I still enjoy and amazed of the performance of the R1T.

First issue happened back in early October. After a day arriving from our 400 mile road trip, I noticed that the driver's side front wheel center cap was missing. My thoughts was that it was just cosmetic and I will call in the service center to order a replacement. Life got busy and I didn't get around to call to get a replacement. Two weeks from the cap missing, I was charging my truck and I had a battery error issue. My truck would not move and nothing was working. I called roadside and they walked me through on how to reset it. That fixed the battery issue, and I remembered to ask about the replacement cap. The advisor was very helpful and I let him know that I was heading out to off-road. I think that triggered him to ask if I can take a picture of the wheel and send it. I sent the picture and Rivian got back to me and informed me that the front half-shaft bolt was missing and not go off-road. I was impressed with the quick response to make sure I would not break down. They schedule a repair to be done in two weeks for mobile service to repair or I could go to a service center and they would fix it same day. I chose the mobile repair and got lucky that they came in two days since they had availability.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Motor vehicle

My current service request is that there is some type of fluid dripping from the back bottom side of the truck. I'm thinking it is hydraulic fluid. Again, I called roadside and they asked for pictures. I sent them the pictures, and within 30 min I got a call back letting me know that they are sending over a tow truck the next day and set me up with a rental vehicle. The tow truck called and asked if they can arrive earlier and that was great for me. One thing I did notice was that my Rivian app alerted me that the alarm went off. That triggered me to check the location of the truck through the app and it was showing off by the side of the freeway. I thought something had happened to the truck so I called Rivian service and they let me know that they had the truck and the location on the app messes up when the truck is in service. That was a big relief. I did get spooked with the app showing me that the truck was somewhere that it wasn't suppose to be. I'll update the results of the repair once it it complete.

View attachment 8785
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

· Registered
2022 R1T Adventure, Glacier White, Ocean Coast
1 Posts
Similar experience with the leak. Picked up the truck from Costa Mesa on Thursday and left Friday for a family reunion in Las Vegas. Noticed a similar leak on Saturday. I opened a service request and got a call back on Sunday. They said they want to see the truck this week. Drove home to So Cal and on Monday got a call that a tow was on its way. Within 30 minutes it was picked up. Same alarm and weird location. The said the rear drive unit was leaking and will be replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts