Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve noticed several times now when starting off from a complete stop in Conserve Mode that the front wheels will often break traction. It doesn’t seem like I’m pushing any harder on the pedal to make this happen. Maybe the “gain” or whatever needs to be adjusted on the front motors when in two-wheel drive mode?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could just be my truck. Or my right foot. I can reproduce it pretty easily. Next time it happens I’ll tap the 4-ways & update the ticket with the ~ date/time.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apparently the logs are still pretty “verbose” these days. Support likes you to tap the flashers at the time something goes wrong as a marker so they can correlate that event with what else was going on at the time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Could just be my truck. Or my right foot. I can reproduce it pretty easily. Next time it happens I’ll tap the 4-ways & update the ticket with the ~ date/time.
Surely you are simply overwhelming the grip of the front tyres with the tremendous amount of torque you’re sending to them in front drive mode alone. Probably traction control cutting in/out also. I strongly suspect there is nothing wrong at all.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe, but if it’s supposed to act like a FWD truck in this mode, the tires shouldn’t be breaking traction under “normal” acceleration from a stop. Like I said, the problem could be between my brain & right foot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
When I picked up my truck the employee I worked with said that another employee had been driving her truck almost exclusively in Conserve and had worn down her front tires surprisingly fast. Might correlate with what you're feeling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts