Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 40 of 98 Posts

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If these are the same size, they are a great deal for someone! (I need my R1S) before I decide on wheels....https://www.ebay.com/itm/185451403108?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1wK1PzyOvQIu79mC3uifrWw57&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-213727-13078-0&mkcid=2&itemid=185451403108&targetid=4580153136941812&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=437225722&mkgroupid=1224856224320848&rlsatarget=pla-4580153136941812&abcId=9300906&merchantid=51291&msclkid=aa55fa3816a113b532fd990b075393bc View attachment 8197
These have a whopping 56mm offset. Stock Rivian wheels are 48mm offset. that means these wheels would be even further inward of the fender edge than the stock wheels. Wouldn't look too good. Also possible they wouldn't clear the calipers.

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Correction my wheels are Dodge OEM 2363 which are 20x8 5 x 5.5 with 18mm + offset. The 2606/16 appear to be similar spec. The mistake I made initially was I ordered a set of aftermarket wheels on ebay with the similar specs and they did not fit due to caliper rub. For any aftermarket wheel, I would suggest ordering one wheel and test fit on the front before ordering the rest of the set.... It cost me $250 so ship back my assumption. The 2363 do fit with no spacers and I used my Rivian lug nuts.
Tire Rack has been adding wheels that they've apparently test fit to the Rivian. Most have well over 18mm (lower number) offset and will stick out too far. But, so far, appears that anything shown on their site as being able to fit the Rivian, will clear the calipers. I had custom wheels with 18mm offset that did fit and clear. Tried a set with 20mm to bring the tires in just a little and they did not clear the calipers. Couldn't find anyone to make a 2mm spacer so ended up selling the wheels. All depends on how the inside edges are cut. Tire Rack does show a few with 35 mm offsets. Stock is 48 mm. Anything less will push the wheels out. Anything higher, like the Dodge wheels noted above with 56mm offsets, would be more inward from the fenders.

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
View attachment 8190
Another option is the Dodge OEM 2606 20X8 which I powder coated black with 275 65 20 General ATs and now my speedo is correct and no rub looking much better than what Rivian is offering and 1/2 the cost. I now have Rivian compass logo center caps installed to complete package!!
20x8? So narrower wheels than the stock 20x8.5 wheels the Rivian's come with? Same tire size as the Rivian All-Terrains. Personally, I preferred the look of the 33" tires in terms of proportion to the truck fender wells. I went with a 275/60/20 on my custom wheels. Offered more clearance, especially with the 18mm offset wheels. And matches the tire sizing, in terms of diameter, of Rivian's 21 and 22 inch offerings. Odd that they went an inch larger (34's) for the all-terrains. Apparently wanted more sidewall for extreme off-road situations.

· Registered
366 Posts
This is a summary what wheel-size.com says, assuming I got all the numbahs right:

Product Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

• When speedometer reads 60 km/h actual speed will be 58.1 km/h
  • Tire is 8 mm closer to suspension components. Rim is 2 mm closer to suspension components. Acceptable for most cars
  • Rim offset is more than OE, so brake support will be closer to the rim. Make sure they are not touching.
  • Negative scrub radius (about -4 mm). Almost no difference. Please be aware that calculated value is approximate.
  • Worst road grip. The degree of improvement in the traction largely depends on the aspect ratio of the wheel. In addition, reducing the width of the tires increases the braking distance on dry pavement due to the reduced tire-to-road contact area.
  • Poor steering response and cornering behavior. For example, a reduced rim diameter, combined with a higher tire height, will impair the vehicle's cornering stability and also reduce the speed at which such turns can be safely taken.

· Registered
349 Posts
View attachment 8190
Another option is the Dodge OEM 2606 20X8 which I powder coated black with 275 65 20 General ATs and now my speedo is correct and no rub looking much better than what Rivian is offering and 1/2 the cost. I now have Rivian compass logo center caps installed to complete package!!
Glad to see these fit! I had suspected many months ago that these would be a great option for those who didn't spec a full size spare and wanted to have an alternative.

· Registered
349 Posts
I am still waiting for the gear shop to make the 62mm center caps available that fit in my 21" wheels without the ugly "Aero covers" . For the 20"wheels, I purchased quality 63 mm blank center caps and then found printed Rivian compass vinyl logo stickers, Clear epoxy coated them for a smooth factory finish. The TPS were cloned from the 21's so no recalibration was required and again, my speedo is now correct at 65 MPH with the 34" tires.
I just got my 21" wheel center caps from the gear shop, quick shipping too!

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Will these methods fit you think? View attachment 8557
It "APPEARS" that they will. the back spacing is just 0.05 inch different from the wheels I had on my truck.

Might make sense to order just one wheel and check fitment on the front of the truck. Easier to return one wheel than it is 4 wheels, in the event that they don't fit. It appears they will fit, but I hate to say with certainty since I don't know 100%.

With the 18MM offset, would recommend going with the 275/60/20 33" tire over the stick 275/65/20 34" tire.

· Registered
38 Posts
I had to switch my R1S reservation to the 21s to stay under the 80k, but it inspired me to look into aftermarket wheels. Thank you to the posters in this thread, especially kizambute. 🙌. I think there are several good looking options for 20 in rims out there. If what I am reading is correct, here are the basics from what I can tell:
--Rivian 20s have a wierd offset.
--Several companies make wheels that will work, but will stick out toward the fender more. To compensate, go from a 34 in tire to a 33 in tire (recomend Pirelli scorpion all terain plus 275/60R20) that apparently look very similar to the rivain AT but the 1 inch smaller diameter looks good, arguably fits the look of the truck better / fine, and avoids any issue with the offset being outboard a bit with the aftermarket wheels.
--not sure if lugs are usable with other rims (((please answer if you know how to tell)))
--not sure what specific tpms work, but apparently some have. (((please answer with part number and process if you know)))
--some use hubrings. Not sure what that is. Why do you use it? is it needed for all aftermarket wheels? (((please answer if you know)))

Here are what others have put on with specific brands and sizes as best I can tell:
kizamybute' setup: Ultra Scorpion 20x9 lug pattern as 5x 139.7. Offset is 18 mm. Bore diameter is 87mm. These have the Pirelli Scorpion all terrain plus 275/60R20 tires.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Truck
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Hubcap
This wheel also comes in gloss black.

Method has a few that might fit, such as the 315:
Automotive tire Wheel Bicycle part Rim Spoke
method 315 20x9.5 18mm offset backspace 295
On Facebook someone put on Black Rhino Primm Wheels here:https://m.facebook.com/photo.php/?fbid=159869550020535
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
These apparently are Black Rhino Primm 20x9 5x5.5 139 +0 offset 5.25 backspacing.OP says they are on 275s and no rub, but do seem to have a bit more poke but still look great.

Black rhino also makes the Dugger in 20x9, 5x139.7. These have a 0 offset but a 5.0 backspace, so i thin .25 inboard compared to the Black Rhino Primm shown above.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Hubcap
These are cool in that you can remove / paint / replace the outer rock ring if you damage them.

Blac Rhino Overland (my personal current favorite)
Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Automotive design Alloy wheel
These are 20x9.5 5x139.7 0 offset and 5.30 backspacing so .05 outboard compared to the Primms above. Maybe too much poke? I think would look really nice with the 275/60 r20s. My rendition on my LA silver...
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

As listed a few post above, there is also the Ram 1500 2007-2013 stock rim option (Ram 2363 rim). it is 20x8 with 19mm offset and 4.5 backspacing. Looks really sharp:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Synthetic rubber
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Attachments

· Registered
38 Posts
I have the Ram Wheels, rings, TPMS and just need to decide on tires and odds are I’m going with the 60 series so my speedo is unchanged.
Can you please let us know what size (and why) the rings are needed? I assume to make the rim and the hub the same size? Also, how did you to the TPMS? just switch over existing ones? TIA. Send pics when you are done!

· Registered
349 Posts
Can you please let us know what size (and why) the rings are needed? I assume to make the rim and the hub the same size? Also, how did you to the TPMS? just switch over existing ones? TIA. Send pics when you are done!
The hubcentric rings are to ensure all things remain concentric and vibration free. It's worth the couple bucks. I used this outfit from Amazon https://a.co/d/1vhT2Wa you'll order the generic $39.99 75-112mm and then message them with these sizes, 4 hubcentric rings to fit my 2022 Rivian R1T hubs (64.1mm) to a set of Dodge RAM wheels (77.8mm) The Dodge wheels have a chamfer.

TPMS I am testing for an outfit that will be named once we are done. Some have reported reprogramming units, that I cannot confirm.

· Registered
349 Posts
Finally got around to installing my spare 20" off-road setup, and boy do I wish I put them on sooner, LOL! I went with the 275/60/R20 Scorpions on the Ram 2363 wheels, hub centric rings and TPMS247 had me beta test their sensors (flawless)...

The fit is only slightly more aggressive over the stock 20" AT's due to the +18mm offset, but in my opinion its perfect where the sidewall arch hits the main tread and how it lines up with the fender flare trim.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

· Registered
38 Posts
offset looks perfect! The tire (275/60) looks good. I think the slightly wider stance and options for aftermarket wheels is a fantastic trade off for a marginally smaller tire. It definately fills the wheelwell appropriately IMO. Good job! Im partial to a different style rim, but these do look really nice! good job!

· Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
261 Posts
Finally got around to installing my spare 20" off-road setup, and boy do I wish I put them on sooner, LOL! I went with the 275/60/R20 Scorpions on the Ram 2363 wheels, hub centric rings and TPMS247 had me beta test their sensors (flawless)...

The fit is only slightly more aggressive over the stock 20" AT's due to the +18mm offset, but in my opinion its perfect where the sidewall arch hits the main tread and how it lines up with the fender flare trim.
View attachment 8828 View attachment 8829 View attachment 8830 View attachment 8831
What ride height are you at in these pictures? Have you noticed any rubbing?

· Registered
349 Posts
offset looks perfect! The tire (275/60) looks good. I think the slightly wider stance and options for aftermarket wheels is a fantastic trade off for a marginally smaller tire. It definately fills the wheelwell appropriately IMO. Good job! Im partial to a different style rim, but these do look really nice! good job!
Thanks, for 5 wheels I'm out of $250 and these are my winter/offroad weekend setup that if they get scratched I wont cry. haha

· Registered
349 Posts
What ride height are you at in these pictures? Have you noticed any rubbing?
No rubbing, 200miles of driving in low and standard, this combo is the same overall diameter as my 21" wheel/tire combo. In that pic I might be in low as that seems to be my default 80% of the time. I can snap more pics this weekend.

Numbers are right where I expected them to be, comfort is excellent and even with suspension in stiff on the AT's its a nice middle setting to what I felt with the road tires, between soft and stiff...
Cloud Tire Communication Device Mobile device Gadget

· Registered
75 Posts

View attachment 8828 View attachment 8829 View attachment 8830 View attachment 8831
Looks great. This seems like a good way to go. Very economical.

I have a couple questions. Sorry if this has been covered but I seem to have zero reading retention when it comes to tire wheel threads. :LOL:

To be clear, you are saying that these are the same diameter as the factory 21" tires/wheel so no speedo re-calibration?
Does the truck just automatically see the TPMS sensors or do you have to pair them?
What is Rivian's policy on aftermarket wheels? I feel like I read somewhere that they state that it voids your warranty or some such thing. No?

Cheers!

· Registered
349 Posts
Looks great. This seems like a good way to go. Very economical.

I have a couple questions. Sorry if this has been covered but I seem to have zero reading retention when it comes to tire wheel threads. :LOL:

To be clear, you are saying that these are the same diameter as the factory 21" tires/wheel so no speedo re-calibration? CORRECT
Does the truck just automatically see the TPMS sensors or do you have to pair them? THE TRUCK READS THEM THE SAME AS STOCK.
What is Rivian's policy on aftermarket wheels? I feel like I read somewhere that they state that it voids your warranty or some such thing. No? NEVER HEARD OF SUCH AN ISSUE WITH ANY MANUFACTURER, ALL MY CARS/TRUCK HAVE AFTERMARKET WHEELS.

Cheers!

21 - 40 of 98 Posts