Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Correction my wheels are Dodge OEM 2363 which are 20x8 5 x 5.5 with 18mm + offset. The 2606/16 appear to be similar spec. The mistake I made initially was I ordered a set of aftermarket wheels on ebay with the similar specs and they did not fit due to caliper rub. For any aftermarket wheel, I would suggest ordering one wheel and test fit on the front before ordering the rest of the set.... It cost me $250 so ship back my assumption. The 2363 do fit with no spacers and I used my Rivian lug nuts.
Do the OEM Dodge 2363 wheels have a tag or nameplate on the inside that calls out the model? Starting to browse local craigslist and FB market place ads which most don't call out the model, so hopefully there's a tag on the inside or some sort of distinguishable part number?

· Registered
349 Posts
Do the OEM Dodge 2363 wheels have a tag or nameplate on the inside that calls out the model? Starting to browse local craigslist and FB market place ads which most don't call out the model, so hopefully there's a tag on the inside or some sort of distinguishable part number?
Not that I am aware of, but this is the style...
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Locking hubs
Flat wide spokes.

· Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
261 Posts
I don't believe anything in the wheels identifies them (mine are being coated so I can't check now). You just need to look at the spokes, the 2363 is more flat, and the spokes are thin, the 2495 has a slightly rounded, but thicker overall profile to the spoke.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Bicycle part

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Bicycle part

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I had briefly tried a set of custom black wheels to see if I liked the look of a black wheel. I also had my stock 21" wheels powder coated in gloss black. I put them on. To be honest, with an all black wheel, you can hardly tell the difference in the wheel style. If you like the black look, which I do, they all pretty much offer the same general look. Unless you get up close and personal, the all black wheel styling gets washed away and it simply is just an all black wheel. Other wheels might have better styling, but when all black, I'm hard-pressed to notice any difference between them and the stock 21" wheels. I even thought about getting a stock set of black 22" wheels for it, but when I looked closely, the designs, when in all black, are pretty similar and can hardly tell any difference.

Ultimately, with the SIGNIFICANT increase in efficiency using the stock 21 inch wheels/tires and much quieter ride, I've so far, left the black 21's on the truck. Am enjoying my much higher efficiency and peace and quiet inside the cabin.

At this point, the only reason for me, to go back to a 20" wheel, would be because I'm going off-roading and need the all-terrain tires. For all other uses, I'm struggling to justify spending and more to make another change.

I still have the machine faced Scorpion wheels with 20" 265/60 tires that I can throw back on any time. While forum members, in photos, unanimously like the stock black wheels better, people that see it in person are almost 100% in favor of the machine look 20" Scorpion wheels. Amazing how opinions change between photos and real-life viewing.

Wheel Tire Car Truck Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky

· Registered
38 Posts
With such a minor offset, I would assume the decrease in efficiency is mostly the tire choice, no? Obviously an AT with more aggressive tread will get worse than the 21 Scorpion that is more road oriented. I do like the look of the 21s when blacked out. Its too bad there isnt an AT in the 21 size. That would be the easieset option.

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
With such a minor offset, I would assume the decrease in efficiency is mostly the tire choice, no? Obviously an AT with more aggressive tread will get worse than the 21 Scorpion that is more road oriented. I do like the look of the 21s when blacked out. Its too bad there isnt an AT in the 21 size. That would be the easieset option.
It's likely mostly due to the tire difference between an all-terrain and a street tire. The 21's do sit inward some as compared to an 18mm offset custom wheel and more so than the stock 20" wheels, so there is likely some minor impact as a result of aero as well, but minimal. Unfortunately, for now at least, truck tires for a 21" wheel are quite limited.

· Registered
75 Posts
M'kay... I just picked these up from a guy on FB Marketplace:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

I got the price I wanted so I'm stoked. My business is located right across from a powder coater so I was going to have them coated satin black but they are in such good shape that I am going to rock therm as they are, at least for now... Save the money. They actually have some decent winter tires on them. I was just gonna have those taken off and sell them or trade them to the tire shop but now I am wondering if I should just use them this winter. The thing is, they are 275/55R20s. Also, they are studded. Any issue with running these on my R1T this winter? I have never used studded tires. Always seemed like a noisy PITA to me and driving Subarus I never needed them. But here they are. What do y'all think?

· Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
261 Posts

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
An update on the hub centric rings: Wheel connect now carries them as a stock size.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BHR5FHP2?ref=myi_title_dp
They have a few that match up to the Rivian, however, all depends on specifically which custom wheel you get. I checked to see if there were any that would work with my wheels and there were not. Great price if they do match up to your custom wheel. All depends on the bore size of the custom wheel, which seems to vary from wheel to wheel, even those sold by the same manufacturer.

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
For ideas...here are all the BlackRhino Wheels that I can find that would fit (20x9 with +20 offset):
I haven't looked at these, but not all 20mm offset wheels clear the brake calipers. So beware. I purchased a set that I ended up selling because they didn't fit. 20x9 20mm offset. Each wheel is cut differently, so it's possible not all 18mm offset wheels would clear either. That's what I have now and the set I have does clear. But, that doesn't mean they all will.

Tire Rack shows several wheels that will fit the truck and clear the calipers. Many of them have HUGE offsets that would stick outside of the fenders by a mile. But, if you search for wheels for the Rivian and select the Offsets of 18mm, 20mm & 35mm, it will narrow up the list to wheels that they've tested and will clear the calipers. Anything more than an 18mm offset, the wheels will stick out of the fenders and you'll likely have issues with rubbing. There are few decent options on there.

Once you've selected a wheel and know the bore size of the wheel, you can then see if any of the standard fit hubcentric rings noted above are the right size. Otherwise, for my wheels, I ordered a custom set from www.uswheeladapters.com/wheel-spacers/. You can custom order them with the outer bore to match the wheels and the inner bore to match the Rivian at 64.1. Be sure to add the ".1". 64's will physically go on when new, but after you drive with them on, the hubs expand from the heat and they are a real bitch to get off. I made that mistake on the first set I ordered. Spent over 2 hours getting the right rear off of the truck. 64.1 will be snug after they heat up, but will still come off relatively easy.

· Registered
75 Posts
They have a few that match up to the Rivian, however, all depends on specifically which custom wheel you get. I checked to see if there were any that would work with my wheels and there were not. Great price if they do match up to your custom wheel. All depends on the bore size of the custom wheel, which seems to vary from wheel to wheel, even those sold by the same manufacturer.
Right. These are the ones specifically for the Dodge wheels mentioned in FirstStateR1t's posts. They were a custom order but now are standard. The same vendor will do any custom size you need, I think for around $40 a set.

· Registered
75 Posts
So I am now overwhelmed by choosing tires. I scored a set of the Dodge 20" rims to mount a set of AT tires. Now that I have driven my truck in the snow, I am thinking that I need snow/winter tires. Am I gonna need three sets of wheels for this thing???

By the way, did y'all notice that the 20" AT shell/tire sets have gone up to $4,100 in the Rivian Gear Shop? They were $3,100, right (or am I gaslighting myself)?

41 - 60 of 98 Posts